Wind turbine aerodynamics, aeroelastics and aeroacoustics
Turbine aerodynamic theory, calculation and experiment
Fluid Machinery and Fluid Power Engineering
1986-1990 Department of Power Engineering, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
1990-1993 Master of Power, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
1993-1996 Department of Power, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
1997-1998 Seoul National University, Republic of Korea, BK21 Post Doctor
1998-1999 Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain, Post Doctor
1999-2000 Universiteit Gent, Belgium, Post Doctor
2001-2003 The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Research Associate
2003-2004 Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, BK21 Invited Professor
2004-2006 Paris Tech, Arts et Métiers, France, Visiting Professor
2006-2018 Ming Yang Smart Energy Group Ltd., Chief Technology Officer, Chief Scientist
2018-present Professor, Department of Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
1995 Third Prize of Beijing Science and Technology Progress Award;
1995 Second Prize of Science and Technology Progress Award of China Aviation Industry Corporation;
2001 Third Prize of Science and Technology Progress of Guangdong Province;
2009 Guangdong Province Science and Technology Progress First Prize;
2010 “Top Ten Innovative People Nomination Award” in Guangdong Province;
2012 State Council Special Allowance Specialist;
2013 Guangdong Ding Ying Technology Award;
2013 Guangdong Mechanical Engineering Society Science and Technology Achievement Award
1. Kang, S.H., Cao, R., Zhang, Y., Performance Prediction and Flow Field Calculation for Airfoil Fan with Impeller Inlet Clearance, KSME International Journal, Vol.14, No.2, pp.226-235, 2000.
2. Cao, R., Kang, SH, Computational Investigation on Flow Field and Performance of Centrifugal Airfoil Fan with Radial Clearance at Impeller Inlet, European Journal of Mechanical and Environmental Engineering, Vol.45, No.2, pp.73-78 , 2000.
3. Cao, R., Hu, J., A Cluster Design Approach to Noise Reduction in a Centrifugal Blower, International Journal of Ventilation, Vol.3, No.4, March 2005.
4. Cao, R., Lee, D.-J., Computational study of Aero- and Acoustic Performance of a Small Axial-Flow Fan, International Journal of Aeroacoustics, Vol.5, No.3, 2006, pp.217- 232.
5. Cao, R., Effect of Tip Clearance on Performance and Flow Field of a Small Sized High Specific Speed Centrifugal Fan, Transactions of Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol.22, No.4, December 2005, pp. 329- 334.
6. Cao, R., Hu, J., Measurement and Prediction of Aerodynamic Stability of an Axial-Flow Ventilation Fan near Stall Condition, International Journal of Ventilation, Vol.5, No.4, March 2007.
7. Lu, G., Wang, M., Wang B., Cao, R. etc., Indirect Inverse Sub-structuring Identification Method for Coupling Dynamic Stiffness of Vibrational Structures, Chinese Journal of Acoustics, Vol.37, No.2 , 2018, pp. 241-256.
8. Hu Jun, Wu Tieying, Cao Renjing, Principles of Aviation Blade Machine, Beijing: National Defense Industry Press, ISBN 7-118-04290-0, March 2006