Dr. Lan (Marie Curie fellow) obtained her Ph.D. from Leiden University, the Netherlands. She was sponsored by the “Environmental ChemOinformatics” project and the “Quality Nano” project of the EU's Seventh Framework during her Ph.D. Her doctoral thesis was nominated by the KNCV MilieuChemTox as “the Best PhD thesis” in the Netherlands in 2016.Dr. Lan joined Elsevier as Managing Editor of a group of journals in Environmental Science and Health in 2015. Her role was to strategically support the operation and development of several SCI journals, including Environmental Pollution, Environment International, and Chemosphere etc. In 2016, she was promoted to associate publisher and later to publisher at the Elsevier headquarters in the Netherlands. She was responsible for more than ten SCI journals in environmental science and technology, including Aquatic Toxicology, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, Journal of Cleaner Production, Remote Sensing of Environment, International Journal of Applied Earth Observations and Geoinformation etc. She managed 12 international journals from strategic planning, editorial fees budget, editorial recruitment, pricing, production and publishing operations to social media communication and product innovation. She managed and maintained excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including more than 120 editors from top Universities/Institutes. During her turn, the journals have grown more than 50% in quantity and also strongly improved in quality. She chaired more than 30 workshops and editorial board meeting worldwide.
AssociateProfessor, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
Vice Dean for the Shenzhen Institute of Sustainable Development
2010-2015: Ph.D. (Environmental Toxicology and Health), Leiden University, the Netherlands
2008-2010: Master (Environmental risk assessment and environmental health), Denmark Technical University, Denmark
2004-2008: Bachelor (Environmental engineering, Waste Water Treatment), Beijing University of Technology, China
2019-present: Associate Dean (Research), Shenzhen Institute of Sustainable Development
Research Associate Professor, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
2016-2019: Associate Publisher/Publisher, Environmental Science and Technology portfolio, Elsevier, The Netherlands
Managed the following journals: Remote Sensing of Environment, Journal of Cleaner Production, Environmental Ecotoxicology and Safety & Aquatic Toxicology etc.
2015-2016: Managing Editor, Environmental Science and Health Portfolio, Elsevier, the Netherlands
Managed the following journals: Environmental Pollution, Environment International, Chemosphere & Environmental Research etc.
2008-2010: Research Assistant, Denmark Technical University
2013: Visiting Scholar, University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom
2011: Visiting Scholar, Spanish National Institute for Agriculture and Food Research and Technology (INIA), Madrid Area, Spain
Awards and Honors
2016: the Best PhD thesis award nominee, KNCV MilieuChemTox, the Netherlands.
2013: Funded EU's Seventh Framework “Quality Nano” project
2010-2013: Marie Curie Fellow
201-2013: Funded EU's Seventh Framework “Environmental ChemOinformatics” project
2008-2010: Danish government full Scholarships for outstanding foreign students
Ecological civilization and sustainable urban development
Big data and sustainable development
Sustainable shipping and management
Environmental risk assessment and management of emerging pollutants
Remote sensing and sustainable development
1. L Song, M Connolly, ML Fernández-Cruz, MG Vijver, M Fernández, E Conde, GR de Snoo, WJGM Peijnenburg, JM Navas. 2014. Species-specific toxicity of copper nanoparticles among mammalian and piscine cell lines. Nanotoxicology 8 (4), 383-393
2. L Song, MG Vijver, WJGM Peijnenburg, TS Galloway, CR Tyler. 2015. A comparative analysis on the in vivo toxicity of copper nanoparticles in three species of freshwater fish. Chemosphere 139, 181-189
3. L Song, MG Vijver, WJGM Peijnenburg. 2015. Comparative toxicity of copper nanoparticles across three Lemnaceae species . Science of The Total Environment, Volume 518–519, Page 217–224
4. L Song, MG Vijver, GR de Snoo, WJGM Peijnenburg. 2015. Assessing toxicity of copper nanoparticles across five cladoceran species. Environmental toxicology and chemistry 34 (8), 1863-1869
5. L Song, MG Vijver, WJGM Peijnenburg, GR De Snoo. 2011. Smart nanotoxicity testing for biodiversity conservation. Environmental science & technology 45 (15), 6229-6230
6. Z Wang, JTK Quik, L Song, M Wouterse, WJGM Peijnenburg. 2018. Dissipative particle dynamic simulation and experimental assessment of the impacts of humic substances on aqueous aggregation and dispersion of engineered nanoparticles. Environmental toxicology and chemistry 37 (4), 1024-1031
7. Z Wang, JTK Quik, L Song, EJ Van Den Brandhof, M Wouterse, WJGM Peijnenburg. 2015. Humic substances alleviate the aquatic toxicity of polyvinylpyrrolidone‐coated silver nanoparticles to organisms of different trophic levels. Environmental toxicology and chemistry 34 (6), 1239-1245