Dr. Peng-Lai Gong, born in 1985, received his bachelor's degree in material physics from Sichuan University in 2009, and his doctor's degree in condensed matter physics from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2016. He then worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the Southern University of Science and Technology, where he worked with Assistant Professor Xingqiang Shi as his cooperative supervisor. In 2018, he became a senior research scholar and then a Research Assistant Professor. At present, he is mainly engaged in theoretical research of condensed matter physics, especially two-dimensional materials. He mainly uses the first-principles method to study the outstanding properties of two-dimensional materials, including topological properties, photoelectric and magnetic properties.
two-dimensional layered material
topological phase transition
novel photoelectric material
2018.08-present, Research Assistant Professor, department of physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
2018.04-2018.08 Senior Research Scholar, department of physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
2016.03 -- 2018.03 postdoctoral fellow, department of physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
2010.09—2016.01 condensed matter physics, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Doctor
2005.09—2009.07 materials physics, Sichuan University, Bachelor
Honors & Awards
The 2018 Shenzhen high-level professional talent certificate
1. Peng-Lai Gong, Fang Zhang, Liang-Feng Huang, Hu Zhang, Liang Li, Ruichun Xiao, Bei Deng, Hui Pan, SHI Xingqiang, “Multifunctional two-dimensional semiconductors SnP3: universal mechanism of layer-dependent electronic phase transition”,
J. Phys.: Condens. Matter., 30 (47): 475702 (2018).
2. Liang Li, Penglai Gong, Daopeng Sheng, Shuao Wang, Weike Wang, Xiangde Zhu, Xingqiang Shi, Fakun Wang, Wei Han, Sanjun Yang, Kailang Liu, Huiqiao Li, Tianyou Zhai, “Highly In‐Plane Anisotropic 2D GeAs2 for Polarization‐Sensitive Photodetection”,
Adv. Mater. 1804541 (2018). （共同一作）
3. Liang Li, Weike Wang, Penglai Gong, Xiangde Zhu, Bei Deng, Xingqiang Shi, Guoying Gao, Huiqiao Li, and Tianyou Zhai, “2D GeP: An Unexploited Low-Symmetry Semiconductor with Strong In-Plane Anisotropy”，
Adv. Mater. 1706771 (2018). （共同一作）
4. Peng-Lai Gong, Bei Deng, Liang-Feng Huang, Liang Hu, Wei-Chao Wang, Da-Yong Liu, Xing-Qiang Shi, Zhi Zeng, Liang-Jian Zou, “Robust and Pristine Topological Dirac Semimetal Phase in Pressured Two-Dimensional Black Phosphorus”,
J. Phys. Chem. C, 121 (38), 20931–20936 (2017).
5. Liang Li, Penglai Gong, Weike Wang, Bei Deng, Lejing Pi, Jing Yu, Xing Zhou, Xingqiang Shi, Huiqiao Li, Tianyou Zhai, “Strong In-Plane Anisotropies of Optical and Electrical Response in Layered Dimetal Chalcogenide”,
ACS Nano, 11 (10), 10264–10272 (2017). （共同一作）
6. P. L. Gong, D. Y. Liu, K. S. Yang, Z. J. Xiang, X. H. Chen, Z. Zeng, S. Q. Shen, L. J. Zou, “Hydrostatic pressure induced Dirac semimetal in black phosphorus”,
Phys. Rev. B 93, 195434 (2016).
7. P. L. Gong, L. F. Huang, X. H. Zheng, T. F. Cao, Z. Zeng, “Non-Local and Local Electrochemical Effects of Doping Impurities on the Reactivity of Graphene”,
J. Phys. Chem. C 119, 10513 (2015).
8. P. L. Gong, L. F. Huang, X. H. Zheng, T. F. Cao, L. L. Song, Z. Zeng, “The mechanisms of impurity-impurity and impurity-matrix interactions in B/N-doped graphene”,
Chem. Phys. Lett. 605, 56 (2014).
9. RC Xiao, CH Cheung, PL Gong, WJ Lu, JG Si, YP Sun, “Inversion symmetry breaking induced triply degenerate points in orderly arranged PtSeTe family materials”,
J. Phys.: Condens. Matter., 30, 245502 (2018).
10. R. C. Xiao, P. L. Gong, Q. S. Wu, W. J. Lu, M. J. Wei, J. Y. Li, H. Y. Lv, X. Luo, P. Tong, X. B. Zhu, and Y. P. Sun, “Manipulation of type-I and type-II Dirac points in PdTe2 superconductor by external pressure”,
Phys. Rev. B 96, 075101 (2017).
11. L. F. Huang, P. L. Gong and Z. Zeng, “Phonon properties, thermal expansion, and thermomechanics of silicene and germanene”,
Phys. Rev. B, 91, 205433, (2015).
12. L. F. Huang, P. L. Gong, and Z. Zeng, “Correlation between structure, phonon spectra, thermal expansion, and thermomechanics of single-layer MoS2”,
Phys. Rev. B 90, 045409 (2014).