Dr, Jian's research work focuses on electric drive technology for electric vehicles, energy interaction technology between electric vehicles and smart grids, industry policy and promotion strategy for electric vehicles. He has published 40 SCI-indexed academic papers which have been cited for 1900 times. He also published two monographs. He holds 35 patents, including 2 PCT patents and 35 Chinese patents. He is the director of Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Electric Direct Drive Technology. He leads the research team and successfully creates the first 100 kNm natural cooling dual-PM-excited direct-drive machine in the world, whose torque density can reach world leading level. Dr. Jian has been awarded the Guangdong research grant for distinguished young scholars, Guangdong excellent young teacher award, Guangdong outstanding young talent for S&T innovation, Shenzhen high-caliber overseas talent award and Shenzhen Nanshan high-level talent. He is the principle investigator of 3 NSFC research programs, two of which won excellent grade.
2018.11-Present Associate Professor Southern University of Science and Technology
2013.10-2018.10Assistant Professor Southern University of Science and Technology
2010.09-2013.09Assistant Research Fellow & Associate Researcher Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Electromechanical Energy Conversion:Direct-Drive Wind Power Generation、In-Wheel Motor Drive for Electric Vehicles、Electric Variable Transmission Driveline; High-Efficient Motor Drive Control
Energy Efficiency: Smart Charging for Large-Scale Plug-in Electric Vehicles; DC Smart Micro-Grid; Vehicle-to-Grid within Smart Grid
Electromagnetics: Electromagnetic Fields in Electrical Mechanism; Non-contact Torque Transmission; Electromagnetic Devices for Medical Applications
1999.9-2003.7，B.S., Huazhong University of Science and Technology，Wuhan, China
2003.9-2006.8, M.S., Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
2006.9-2010.8, Ph.D, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Honors & Awards：
First Outstanding Scientific Research Award of Southern University of Science and Technology, 2016
Nanshan Pilot Talents, Shenzhen, China, 2016
Selected as Top Young Talents for Scientific and Technological Innovation in Guangdong Special Support Program, 2015
Excellent project completionof the National Natural Science Foundation Youth Fund, 2015
Selected as the Outstanding Young Teachers Training Program of Guangdong Province's Higher Education Institutions, 2015
Supported by the Outstanding Youth Fund of Guangdong Natural Science Foundation, 2014
Elected as Senior Member of the American Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (Senior Member, IEEE), 2013
Overseas High-Caliber Personnel Award, Government of Shenzhen Municipality, 2012
Fellowship, Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies, Potsdam, Germany, 2012
Championship, Schneider High Efficiency Cup, Schneider Electric Co. Ltd.,2009
Postgraduate Scholarship, Hong Kong Electric Co. Ltd., 2008-2009
1. 蹇林旎, “倾听电动汽车背后的民众心声—中国电动汽车发展民意调查报告”, 中国机械工业出版社，ISBN 978-7-111-59117-7, 201 01.
2. 蹇林旎, “同轴磁性齿轮的原理及应用”, 中国科学出版社，ISBN 978-7-03-145221-4, 2015. 10.
3. Y. Shang, M. Liu, Z. Shao, L. Jian*, Internet of smart charging points with photovoltaic Integration: A high-efficiency scheme enabling optimal dispatching between electric vehicles and power grids, Applied Energy, 2020, 278: 1-16.
4. S. Niu, H. Yu, S. Niu, L. Jian*; Power loss analysis and thermal assessment on wireless electric vehicle charging technology: The over-temperature risk of ground assembly needs attention, Applied Energy, 2020, 275: 1-14
5. Y. Zheng, S. Niu, Y. Shang, Z. Shao, L. Jian*, Integrating plug-in electric vehicles into power grids: a comprehensive review on power interaction mode, scheduling methodology and mathematical foundation, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2019, 112: 424-439.
6. L. Jian*, Z. Deng, Y. Shi, J. Wei, C. Chan; The mechanism how coaxial magnetic gear transmits magnetic torques between its two rotors: Detailed analysis of torque distribution on modulating ring, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 2019, 24(2): 763-773
7. Y. Shi, L. Jian*, J. Wei, Z. Shao, W. Li, C. Chan, "A new perspective on the operating principle of flux-switching permanent-magnet machines," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 1425-1437, 2016.
8. L. Jian*, Y. Zheng, X. Xiao, C. Chan, "Optimal scheduling for vehicle-to-grid operation with stochastic connection of plug-in electric vehicles to smart grid," Applied Energy, vol. 146, pp. 150-161, 2015.
9. L. Jian*, X. Zhu, Z. Shao, S. Niu, C. Chan, "A scenario of vehicle-to-grid implementation and its double-layer optimal charging strategy for minimizing load variance within regional smart grids," Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 78, pp. 508-517, 2014.
10. L. Jian*, Y. Shi, C. Liu, G. Xu, Y. Gong, and C. Chan, "A novel dual-permanent-magnet-excited machine for low-speed large-torque applications," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 2381-2384, 2013.