Assistant Professor of Research at the Frontier and Interdisciplinary Science Institute of SUSTech, a biomass expert with many years of experience in bio-mass spectrometry and big data bioinformatics analysis, specializing in metabolomics, proteomics and big data analysis. In the past, he has been working on the research of small molecule detection and mass spectrometry. In October 2017, he joined the Marine Geobiology Group Laboratory of Southern University of Science and Technology, and combined the experience of biological mass spectrometry and systems biology with marine microbiology to build a cross-discipline of marine microbiology. Published a total of 16 articles, of which 11 is the first author or correspondent author, H-index is 7, cited 317 times. At the same time, Dr. Luo is also a reviewer of the Journal of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
M.S., Department of Chemistry. University of Nottingham, 2004
Ph.D., School of Pharmacy. University of Nottingham, 2008.
2009.3-2010.2, University of Warwick, Postdoctoral
2011.1-2011.12, University of Greenwich, School of Science and Engineering, Researcher
2012.6-2014.6, Researcher, Yunlonglin Medical College, National University of Singapore
2015.1-2017.6, Chongqing Medical University, College of Life Sciences, Senior Experimenter
2017.10-present, Research Assistant Professor , Southern University of Science and Technology
(1) Xun Mao, Xuyang Chen, Chang Chena, Hua Zhang, Kai P. Law*, Metabolomics in gestational diabetes, Clinica Chimica Acta, 2017, 475: 116-127.
(2) Ting-Li Han, Yang Yang, Hua Zhang, Kai P. Law*, Analytical challenges of untargeted GC-MS-based metabolomics and the critical issues in selecting the data processing strategy, F1000Research, 2017, 6: 967.
(3) Kai P. Law* and Hua Zhang, The Pathogenesis and Pathophysiology of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus: Deductions from a Three-part Longitudinal Metabolomics Study in China, Clinica Chimica Acta, 2017, 468:60-70.
(4) Kai P. Law*, Ting-Li Han, Xun Mao, and Hua Zhang, Tryptophan and Purine Metabolites are consistently upregulated in the Urinary Metabolome of Patients Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus throughout Pregnancy: A Longitudinal Metabolomics Study of Chinese Pregnant Women Part 2, Clinica Chimica Acta, 2017, 468: 126-139.
(5) Kai P. Law*, Xun Mao, Ting-Li Han, and Hua Zhang, Unsaturated Plasma Phospholipids are consistently lower in the Patients Diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus throughout the Gestation: A Longitudinal Metabolomics Study of Chinese Pregnant Women Part 1, Clinica Chimica Acta, 2017, 465:53-71.
(6) Kai P. Law*, Ting-Li Han, Philip N. Baker, Mass Spectrometry-based Proteomics for Pre-eclampsia and Preterm Birth, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2015, 16 (5):10952-10985.
(7) Kai P. Law*, Recent Advances in Mass Spectrometry: Data Independent Analysis and Hyper Reaction Monitoring, Expert Review of Proteomics, 2013, 10 (6): 551-566.
(8) Kai P. Law* and James R. Larkin, Recent Advances in SALDI-MS Techniques and Their Chemical and Bioanalytical Applications, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2011,399 (8): 2597-2622.
(9) Kai P. Law*, Laser Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometry on Nanostructured Semiconductor Substrates: DIOS™ and QuickMass™, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 2010, 290 (2-3):72-84.
(10) Kai P. Law*, Surface-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometry on Nanostructured Silicon Substrates Prepared by Iodine-assisted Etching, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 2010, 290: 47-59.