Research Associate Professor
Innovation Center for Biomedical Engineering
Dr. GUO Xin is a research associate professor of School of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at SUSTech. His research interest is the development of new algorithms in statistical machine learning and artificial intelligence, and on the application of those methods to complex problems in computational genomics. Dr. GUO has over 10 years of experience in the research and development of bioinformatics, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Before joining SUSTech, Dr. GUO was the Vice President of Bioinformatics at BioSciKin Inc. during 2016-2017; during 2012-2016, he was the research group lead at Gilead Sciences Inc. Dr. GUO received his Ph.D. in Computer Sciences from Duke University, M.S. in Informatics from Max-Planck Institute, Germany, and B.S. from Japan.
Development of new algorithms in statistical machine learning and artificial intelligence, and application of the methods to complex problems in computational genomics.
Publications and Papers
· X Guo, A Bernard, DA Orlando, SB Haase, & AJ Hartemink. (2013). “Branching process deconvolution algorithm reveals a detailed cell-cycle transcription program”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), 110, E968-E977.
· MB Mayhew, X Guo, SB Haase, & AJ Hartemink. (2012). “Close encounters of the collaborative kind”, IEEE Computer, 45, pp. 24-30. (cover feature)
· X Guo, ML Bulyk, & AJ Hartemink. (2012). “Intrinsic disorder within and flanking the DNA-binding domains of human transcription factors”, In Pac Symp Biocomput 2012 (PSB12), pp. 104-115.
· X Guo, & AJ Hartemink. (2009). “Domain-oriented edge-based alignment of protein interaction networks”, Bioinformatics, 25, pp. i240-246.
Clinical Conference Abstracts
· BR Bhandari, S Lee, X Zhao, E Huntzicker, X Guo, et al. “The biological and clinical relevance of anti-metalloproteinase-9 antibody (GS-5745) in treatment of ulcerative colitis patients”, ECCO, Journal of Crohns&Colitis, 10, S473-4, 2016.
· AJ Thompson, O Podlaha, Z Jiang, X Guo, L Zhuo, et al. “Deletion of APOBEC3B is Associated with Hepatitis B eAg Status in Patients with Chronic HBV Infection”, AASLD, Hepatology, 62, 1013-4A, 2015.
· NH Afdhal, TJ Urban, ZD Goodman, K Patel, D Ge, X Guo, et al. “Genome Wide Association Study (GWAS) Identifies a SNP Near the MRC2 (mannose receptor C, type 2) Gene Associated with Increased Liver Collagen content in Caucasian HBV patients”, AASLD, Hepatology, 60, 414A, 2014.