Cai LIU, Research Assistant Professor, Shenzhen Institute for Quantum Science and Engineering (SIQSE), Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech).
Research Assistant Professor Cai Liu got Bachelor's degree of materials physics at Sichuan University in 2006. As supported by the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture of Japan, he got his Ph. D. of Engineering at The University of Tokyo. He then came back and stayed at Sichuan University from 2015 to 2018 as a Postdoc, assistant research fellow and associate research fellow respectively. From July 2018, he joined SIQSE of SUSTech as a Research Assistant Professor.
Epitaxy (MOVPE, MBE), photovoltaics
2010/04-2014/11 Ph. D. in Advanced Interdisciplinary Science, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Japan.
2010/10-2011/03 Oversea research student, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Japan.
2009/10-2010/08 Japanese training, Preparatory School for Oversea Study in Japan, Northeast Normal University, China.
2006/09-2009/06 Master in Materials Physics and Chemistry, College of Materials Science and Engineering, Sichuan University, China.
2002/09-2006/06 Bachelor in Materials Physics, College of Materials Science and Engineering, Sichuan University, China.
2018/08- present Research Assistant Professor, Institute for Quantum Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, China.
2018/05-2018/07 Research Associate Professor, College of Materials Science and Engineering, Sichuan University, China.
2017/04-2018/04 Research Assistant Professor, College of Materials Science and Engineering, Sichuan University, China.
2015/01-2017/01 Postdoc, College of Materials Science and Engineering, Sichuan University, China.
Honors and Awards
2010-2014 Doctoral Program Scholarship from Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan.
2017.08 Best Paper Award of the 17th China Photovoltaics Conference.
Papers and Patents
 Peng Tang, Cai Liu∗, Jingquan Zhang, Lili Wu, Wei Li, Lianghuan Feng, Guanggen Zeng, Wenwu Wang，Surface modification effects of fluorine-doped tin dioxide by oxygen plasma ion implantation, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 436, 1st, April, 2018, 134-140.
 Nan Tang, Qimin Hu, Aobo Ren, Wei Li*, Cai Liu*, Jingquan Zhang, Lili Wu, Bing Li, Guanggen Zeng, Songbai Hu, An approach to ZnTe:O intermediate-band photovoltaic materials, Solar Energy, Vol. 157, 15 November 2017, 707-712.
 Cai Liu#*, Akihito Kumamoto, Michihiro Suzuki, Hongbo Wang, Hassanet Sodabanlu, Masakazu Sugiyama, Yoshiaki Nakano, Effects of Hydrogen Etching on Stress Control in AlN Interlayer Inserted GaN MOVPE on Si, Semiconductor Science and Technology 32 ( 2017 ) 075003.
 Dong Liu#, Cai Liu,* Lili Wu, Wei Li, Fang Chen, Bangqing Xiao, Jingquan Zhang* and Lianghuan Feng, Highly Reproducible Perovskite Solar Cells with Excellent CH3NH3PbI3–xClx Films Morphology Fabricated via High Precursor Concentration, RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 51279 – 51285.
 Ya Yang#, Taowen Wang, Cai Liu*, Wei Li *, Jingquan Zhang, Lili Wu, Guanggen Zeng, Wenwu Wang, Mingzhe Yu, Single-phase control of CuTe thin films for CdTe solar cells, Vacuum, 142 (2017), 181-185.
 Cai Liu#, Hassanet Sodabanlu, Masakazu Sugiyama, Yoshiaki Nakano, In-situ Growth Condition Analysis of AlN Interlayers for Wafer Curvature Control in GaN MOVPE on Si (111), Physica Status Solidi C 11, 2014，No. 03-04, 598-603.
 Cai Liu#, Hassanet Sodabanlu, Masakazu Sugiyama, Yoshiaki Nakano, Thickness Optimization of GaN Layers by In-situ Observation of GaN MOVPE on Si (111), Physica Status Solidi C 10, 2013，No. 11, 1541–1544.
 Cai Liu#, Hongbo Wang, Hassanet Sodabanlu, Masakazu Sugiyama, Yoshiaki Nakano, Voids Formation during MOVPE of GaN on Si (111) Employing Low Temperature AlN Interlayers, Physica Status Solidi C 11, 2013，No.02, 293-296.
 Li Bing*, Cai Liu, Feng Liang-Huan, Zhang Jing-Quan, Zheng Jia-Gui, Cai Ya-Ping, Cai Wei, Wu Li-Li, Li Wei, etc, Deep level transient spectroscopy and photoluminescence studies of CdS/CdTe thin film solar cells, Acta Physica Sinica, 2009, 58(3): 1987-1991.
 Yanan Jiang, Dingqin Hu, Peng Tang, Jingquan Zhang, Cai Liu, Wenwu Wang, Wei Li, Lili Wu, Guanggen Zeng, Lianghuan Feng, A study of apparent quantum efficiency in different structures of cadmium telluride solar cells, Solar Energy, June 2017, 149:323-331.
 Ping Tang#, Bing Li*, Lianghuan Feng, Lili Wu, Jingquan Zhang, Wei Li, Guanggen Zeng, Wenwu Wang, Cai Liu, Structural, electrical and optical properties of AlSb thin films deposited by pulsed laser deposition, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 692, 25 January 2017, 22–25.
 Ke Yang#, Bing Li*, Jingquan Zhang, Wei Li, Lili Wu, Guanggen Zeng, Wenwu Wang, Cai Liu, Lianghuan Feng, Structural, optical and electrical properties of AlSb thin films deposited by pulsed laser deposition using aluminum-antimony alloying target, Superlattices and Microstructures, Vol. 102, February 2017, 1–6.
 Dong Liu#, Shengqiang Ren#, Xiao Ma, Cai Liu, Lili Wu*, Wei Li, Jingquan Zhang* and Lianghuan Feng, Cd2SnO4 transparent conductive oxide: a promising alternative candidate for highly efficient hybrid halide perovskite solar cells, RSC Advances, 2017, 7, 8295-8302.
1．2018/01-2020/12 National Natural Science Foundation of China (Young Scientists Program), 61704117, Chemical Solution Epitaxy Study on Intermediate Band Organic Metal Halide Perovskite Single Crystalline Thin Film, RMB250,000, Principal Investigator.
- 2017/01-2018/12 Sichuan Province Science and Technology Program High Technology and Industrialization General Project, 2017GZ0414，Systematical Stress and Vertical Carrier Transportation Research on II-VI/Si Virtual Substrate, RMB200,000, Principal Investigator.
- 2016/06-2018/06 National Energy Novel Materials Center Open Program, NENMC-II-1702，Research on II-VI/Si Composite Substrate for Opto-electronical Application, RMB280,000, Principal Investigator.
- 2016/01-2016/12 The 59th China Postdoctoral Science Foundation General Project, 2016M592670, Study on Oxygen State in ZnTe:O Intermediate-band Material, RMB50,000, Principal Investigator.
- 2015/04-2018/04 National High Technology Research and Development Program of China, 2015AA050610, Research on Novel High Efficiency Cadmium Telluride Thin Film Solar Cells, RMB3,500,000, Key Investigator.
- 2011/01-2015/08 Major State Basic Research Development Program of China, 2011CBA00708, Basic Research on High Efficiency Compound Semiconductor Thin Film Solar Cells, RMB6,860,000, Key Investigator.
- 2012/06-2014/09 Collaborative Research Program with NuFlare Technology Inc., MOVPE of GaN-on-Si for the Application to 8-inch Virtual Substrate, JPY~30,000,000, Top-2 Investigator.
- 2003/01-2005/12 National High Technology Research and Development Program of China, 2003AA513010, Manufacture Technology and Pilot Production Line of Cadmium Telluride Thin Film Solar Cells, RMB13,990,000, Student Investigator.
- 2006/01-2008/12, National Natural Science Foundation of China, 60506004, Research on Single Band Offset II-VI Superlattice Thin Film Preparation and Property, RMB250,000, Student Investigator.