Research Assistant Professor
- August 2011- February 2016- Doctor of Philosophy (Nanotechnology)- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, I
- July 2009-April 2011- Master of Science in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology- Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, I
- July 2006- April 2009- Bachelor of Science in Physics- Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, India
- June 2018-Till Now- Research Assistant Professor- SUSTech Advanced interdisciplinary studies, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China.
- July 2016- May 2018- Post-Doctoral Researcher- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, China.
- May 2013-December 2014- Junior Research Fellow- CVRDE, DRDO (Defense Research Development Organization), Avadi, India.
- March 2012- May 2013- Research Associate- VIT University, Vellore, India.
- December 2010- April 2011- NFP Intern (National Fusion Programme Fellow)- Institute of Plasma Research, Gandhi Nagar, India.
- Synthesis of graphene via various methods and their potential application for energy storage and conversion.
- Synthesis of various metal organic framework (MOF) for electrochemical sensors and capacitors
- Fabrication of Two-Dimensional materials (MXene, Siloxene, MoS2) for Supercapacitor electrodes and Photo catalysis applications.
- Nanofluids for engine coolant application
- Metal oxide based materials for Gas sensors.
- Received Research Award for the year 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 for more research publications in VIT University.
- Secured 1st Rank at Higher secondary level.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, Qikun Hu, Fei Wang, Zong-Xiang Xu, Synthesis of N-CuMe2Pc nanorods/graphene oxide nanocomposite for symmetric supercapacitor electrode with excellent cyclic stability, Electrochimica Acta 298 (2019) 770-777.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, Krishnamoorthy Rajavel, Wenlu Xuan, Daohui Lin, Fei Wang, Influence of Ti3C2Tx (MXene) intercalation pseudocapacitance on electrochemical performance of Co-MOF binder-free electrode, Ceramics International 44 (2018) 14425–14431.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, Changhui Zhao, Dan Luo, Kai Wang and Fei Wang, Morphology-dependent electrochemical properties of cobalt-based metal organic frameworks for supercapacitor electrode materials, Electrochimica Acta 267 (2018) 170-180
- Thangavel Sakthivel, Rajendran Ramachandran*, Kiranpreethi Kirupakaran, Photocatalytic properties of copper-two dimensional graphitic carbon nitride hybrid film synthesized by pyrolysis method, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 6 (2018) 2636-2642.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, Murugan Saranya, Bala P.C. Ragupathy, Soon Kwan Jeong, Andrews Nirmala Grace, Solvothermal synthesis of Zinc sulfide decorated Graphene (ZnS/G) nanocomposites for Novel Supercapacitor electrodes, Electrochimica Acta, 178, 2015, 647-657.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, Murugan Saranya, Venugopal Velmurugan, Bala P.C. Ragupathy, Soon Kwan Jeong, Andrews Nirmala Grace, Effect of reducing agent on graphene synthesis and its influence on charge storage towards supercapacitor applications, Applied Energy, 153, 22-31, 2015.
- N. Sabari Arul, D. Mangalaraj, R. Ramachandran, A. Nirmala Grace, Jeong In Han, Fabrication of CeO2/Fe2O3 composite nanospindles for enhanced visible light driven photocatalyts and supercapacitor electrode, Journal of Materials chemistry A, 3, 2015, 15248-15258.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, Murugan. Saranya, Fei Wang, “Metal oxides/hydroxides composite electrodes for supercapacitors,” Electrochemical Capacitors - Theory, Materials and Applications’, Materials Research Forum LLC, USA, ISBN 978-1-945291-56-2, 2018.
- Rajendran Ramachandran, Fei Wang, “Electrochemical Capacitors Performance- Influence of Aqueous Electrolytes,” Supercapacitors - Theoretical and Practical Solutions, InTechOpen Publisher, ISBN 978-953-51-5764-9
- A. Nirmala Grace and R. Ramachandran, “Advanced materials for supercapacitors,” Part 2: Nanomaterials for Energy Harvesting and Drinking Water Purification, Eco-Friendly Nano-Hybrid materials for Advanced Engineering Applications, Jun 2016,99-128, Apple Academic Press. Hard ISBN: 9781771882941.