Research Professor/ Deputy Director of SUSTech Core Research Facilities
Innovation Center for NanoLab for Smart Devices
Ph. D. Materials Science & Engineering, 1993
University of Pierre & Marie Curie (Paris VI), France
B. S. Materials Science and Engineering, 1982
Northeastern University, Shenyang, China
NanoSpective, Inc: July 2016-present, Senior Engineer
Intel Corporation: November 2008 – June 2016, Senior engineer
The Pennsylvania State University: January 2002 – October 2008, Research Associate
University of Maryland: September 1999 – December 2001, Research Associate
National Institute for Research in Inorganic Materials (NIRIM): July 1997 – March 1998, Center of Excellence (COE) Fellow
Tsinghua University: September 1996 – August 1999, Associate Professor
General Research Institute for Non-Ferrous Metals (GRINM): August 1982 – December 1989, Research Engineer
Papers and Publications
1. S.I. Lee, G.Y. Yang, R.HT Wilke, S. Trolier-McKinstry, C.A. Randall, “Thermopower in highly reduced n-type ferroelectric and related perovskite oxides and the role of heterogeneous nonstoichiometry”, Physical Review B, 2009, 79(13): 134110.
2. W. Liu, G. Y. Yang, C. A Randall, “ Evidence for Increased Polaron Conduction Near the Cathodic Interface in the Final Stages of Electrical Degradation in SrTiO3 Crystals”, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 2009, 48(5R): 051404.
3. G. Y. Yang, P. J. Moses, E. C. Dickey, C. A. Randall, “Local impedance and microchemical analysis of electrical heterogeneities in multilayer electroceramic devices”, J. Mater. Res., 2007, 22(12): 3507-3515.
4. G.Y. Yang, S.I. Lee, Z.J. Liu, C. Anthony, E.C. Dickey, Z.K. Liu, and C.A. Randall, “Effect of Local Oxygen Activity on Ni-BaTiO3 Interfacial Reaction”, Acta Materialia, 2006，54 (13)：3513-3523.
5. C.A. Randall, A. Kelnberger, G.Y. Yang, R.E. Eitel, and T.R. Shrout, “High Strain Piezoelectric Multilayer Actutors-A Material Science and Engineering Challenge”, Journal of Electroceramics, 2005, 14(3): 177-191.
6. G. Y. Yang, E.C. Dickey, C. A. Randall, D.E. Barber, P. Pinceloup, M.A. Henderson, R.A. Hill, J.J. Beeson, and D. J. Skamser, “Oxygen Non-Stoichiometry and Dielectric Evolution of Ni-BaTiO3 Base-Metal Electrode Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors: Part I, Improvement of Insulation Resistance with Reoxidation”, J. Appl. Phys., 2004, 96(12), 7492-7499.
7. G. Y. Yang, G.D. Lian, E.C. Dickey, C. A. Randall, D.E. Barber, P. Pinceloup, M.A. Henderson, R.A. Hill, J.J. Beeson, and D. J. Skamser, “Oxygen Non-Stoichiometry and Dielectric Evolution of Ni-BaTiO3 Base-Metal Electrode Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors: Part II, insulation resistance degradation under applied dc bias”, J. Appl. Phys., 2004, 96(12), 7500-7508.
8. D. I. Woodward, I. M. Reaney, G. Y. Yang, E. C. Dickey and C. A. Randall, “Vacancy ordering in reduced barium titanate”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 2004, 84(23), 4650-4652.
9. G. Y. Yang, E.C. Dickey, C. A. Randall, M. S. Randall, L.A. Mann, “Modulated and ordered defect structures in electrically degraded Ni-BaTiO3 multilayer ceramic capacitors”, J. Appl. Phys., 2003, 94(9), 5990-5996.
10. H. C. Kim, W. Volksen, R. D. Miller, E. Huang, G. Y. Yang, R. M. Briber, K. Shin and S. K. Satija, “Neutron Reflectivity on Nanoporous Poly(Methylsilsesquioxane) Thin Film”, Chem. Mater., 2003, 15(3), 609-611.
11. G. Y. Yang, J. Finder, J. Wang, Z. L. Wang, Z. Yu, J. Ramdani, R. Droopad, K. Eisenbeiser, R. Ramesh, “Study of microstructure in SrTiO3/Si by high-resolution transmission electron microscopy”, J. Mater. Res., 2002, 17(1): 204-213.
12. G. Y. Yang and Jing Zhu, “3d Occupancy Determination From Fe L2,3 Electron Energy-Loss Spectra of Nanocrystalline-Amorphous Fe73.5Cu1Mo3Si13.5B9 Alloy”, J. Magn. Magn. Mater., 2000, 220, 65-71.
13. G. Y. Yang, E. Etchessahar, J. P. Bars, R. Portier and J. Debuigne, “Interface Structure of Ceramic Composite in Ti-Zr-N Ternary System”, phys. stat. sol. (a), 2001, 185(2), 441-452.
14. G. Y. Yang, Jing Zhu, W. D. Wang, Z. Zhang and F. W. Zhu, “Precipitation of Nanoscale Co Particles in a Granular Cu-Co Alloy with Giant Magnetoresistance”, Mater. Res. Bull, 2000, 35(6): 875-885.
15. G. Y. Yang, Y. Bando, M. Saeki and M. Onoda, “Structural Characterizations of 6H-Barium Niobium Sulfide”, Acta Mater., 1998, 46(17), 5985-5992.