Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Université de Paris-Sud, Orsay, France (Materials Physics)
1982-1985 : Master
Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Acamedy of Sciences
(Inorganic Non-metallic Materials Engineering)
1978-1982 : Bachelor
East China University of Science and Technology
(Inorganic Non-metallic Materials Engineering)
May 2016–Now Chair Professor, Physics Department
Southern University of Science and Technology, China
Institute for Quantum Science and Engineering, China
Sep 1999–May 2016 Professor, School of Physics
Peking University, China
Sep 1995–Sep 1999 Associate Professor, School of Physics
Peking University, China
Nov 1993–Sep 1995 Postdoctoral researcher
Laboratory of Advanced Materials and Electron Microscopy, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Honors and Awards
2015 Academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
2007 National Natural Science Award (second class)
Low dimensional quantum materials, Quantum control, Micro-nano machining
After his PhD in LPS, Orsay, French, Dapeng Yu did his postdoc in Chinese Academy of Sciences between 1993-1995. From September 1995, he joined department of physics, Peking University as an associate Professor. He was promoted to full professor in 1999 in Peking University. He was elected as a member (Academian) of Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2015.
From June, 2016, he moved to Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, and there he set-up the Shenzhen Institute for Quantum Science and Engineering, which is focusing on fundamentals of the emerging quantum materials, quantum information.
Prof D. P. Yu is one of the world pioneers in developing method to synthesize from the bottom, and to characterize 1-dimensional semiconductor nanowires and 2-D Dirac quantum Materials, and made important contributions to the investigations of low-dimensional quantum materials. Resulting from his pioneer contributions, more than 500 peer-reviewed work has been published in Physical Journals, including a majority in APS(33 PRL/PRB papers) and AIP journals (96 papers) and other general interest Journals such as NPG (12 papers in Nature and Nature babies) journals; the originality and impact of the nominee’s work is also manifested with a citation of more than 2,9000 times by colleagues world-wide with an H-index of 82 (a Google H-index of 92).
He has mentored/trained more than 100 graduates and postdoctoral associates.
Recent Featured English Papers
1. Generation of Single-crystal Copper Sheet with Arbitrary Orientation via 1 Seeded Abnormal Grain Growth, Nature, in press, 2020.
2. Electric control of Fermi arc spin transport in individual topological semimetal nanowires: Physical Review Letters 124, 116802, 2020.
3. Chiral Spin-Wave Velocities Induced by All-Garnet Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction in Ultrathin Yttrium Iron Garnet Films: Physical Review Letters 124,027203, 2020.
4. Simulation of a topological phase transition in a Kitaev chain with long-range coupling using a superconducting circuit: Physical Review B 101,035109, 2020.
5. Quantum oscillations of thermopower in WTe2 thin films: Physical Review B 100,235405, 2019.
6. Experimental Realization of Nonadiabatic Shortcut to Non-Abelian Geometric Gates: Physical Review Letters 122(8), 080501, 2019.
7. Subunit cell-level measurement of polarization in an individual polar vortex: Science Advances 5,4355, 2019.
8. Epitaxial growth of a 100-square-centimetre single-crystal hexagonal boron nitride monolayer on copper, Wang, Li; Xu, Xiaozhi; Zhang, Leining; Qiao, Ruixi; Wu Muhong;; et al., Nature, 570:91–95，2019.
9. Current-controlled propagation of spin waves in antiparallel, coupled domains; Liu, Chuanpu; Wu, Shizhe; Zhang, Jianyu; Chen, Jilei; et al., Nature nanotechnology, 14:691–697, 2019.
10. Universal Imaging of Full Strain Tensor in 2D Crystals with Third-Harmonic Generation, Liang, Jing; Wang, Jinhuan; Zhang, Zhihong; Su, Yingze; et al., ADVANCED MATERIALS, 31(19): 1808160, 2019.
11. Kinetic modulation of graphene growth by fluorine through spatially confined decomposition of metal fluorides, Liu, Can; Xu, Xiaozhi; Qiu, Lu; Wu, Muhong; et al., NATURE CHEMISTRY, 11:730–736 , 2019.
12. Probing Far-Infrared Surface Phonon Polaritons in Semiconductor Nanostructures at Nanoscale, Qi, Ruishi; Wang, Renfei; Li, Yuehui; Sun, Yuanwei; et al., NANO LETTERS, 19(8):5070-5076, 2019.
13. Observation of an Odd-Integer Quantum Hall Effect from Topological Surface States in Cd3As2, Lin, Ben-Chuan; Wang, Shuo; Wiedmann, Steffen; et al., PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, 122(3): 036602, 2019.
14. Dirac Semimetal Heterostructures: 3D Cd3As2 on 2D Graphene，Wu, Yan-Fei; Zhang, Liang; Li, Cai-Zhen et al., ADVANCED MATERIALS 30(34): 1707547, 2018.
15. Ultrafast Broadband Charge Collection from Clean Graphene/CH(3)NH(3)Pbl(3) Interface, Hong, Hao; Zhang, Jincan; Zhang, Jin; Qiao, Ruixi; et al., Journal of the American Chemical Society, 140(44):14952-14957, 2018
16. Differential Enzyme Flexibility Probed Using Solid-State Nanopores, Hu, Rui; Rodrigues, Joao V.; Waduge, Pradeep; Yamazaki, Hirohito; et al., ACS NANO, 12(5): 4494-4502, 2018.
17. Long-distance propagation of short-wavelength spin waves, Liu, Chuanpu; Chen, Jilei; Liu, Tao; Heimbach, Florian; et al., Nature Communications, 9:738, 2018.
18. Greatly Enhanced Anticorrosion of Cu by Commensurate Graphene Coating,Xu, Xiaozhi; Yi, Ding; Wang, Zhichang et al.ADVANCED MATERIALS 30(6 )1702944,2018
19. Experimentally probing topological order and its breakdown through modular matrices, Luo, ZH (Luo, Zhihuang); Li, J (Li, Jun); Li, ZK (Li, Zhaokai); et al., Nature Physics,14:160, 2018.
20. Quantum transport in Dirac and Weyl semimetals: a review, Wang, Shuo; Lin, Ben-Chuan; Wang, An-Qi ;Yu, Da-Peng; et al., ADVANCES IN PHYSICS-X, 2(3): 518-544, 2017.
21. Electronic Coupling between Graphene and Topological Insulator Induced Anomalous Magnetotransport Properties, Zhang, Liang; Lin, Ben-Chuan; Wu, Yan-Fei; et al., ACS Nano,1 1(6): 6277-6285, 2017.
22. Ab initio thermodynamic study on two-dimensional atomic nucleation on ZnO polar surfaces, Zhu, Rui; Zhao, Qing; Xu, Jun; Liu, Banggui; et al., Applied Surface Science, 412: 417-423, 2017.
23. Monitoring Local Strain Vector in Atomic-Layered MoSe2 by Second-Harmonic Generation,Liang, Jing; Zhang, Jin; Li, Zhenzhu; et al., NANO LETTERS 17(12)7539-7543, 2017.
24. Ultrafast epitaxial growth of metre-sized single-crystal graphene on industrial Cu foil, Xu, Xiaozhi; Zhang, Zhihong; Dong, Jichen et al., Science Bulletin 62(15): 1074-1080, 2017.
25. Possible absence of critical thickness and size effect in ultrathin perovskite ferroelectric films, Gao, Peng; Zhang, Zhangyuan; Li, Mingqiang; et al., Nature Communications 8: 15549,2017.
26. Electrical transport in nanothick ZrTe5 sheets: From three to two dimensions, Niu, Jingjing; Wang, Jingyue; He, Zhijie; et al., Physical Review B 95: 035420, 2017.
27. Ultrafast growth of single-crystal graphene assisted by a continuous oxygen supply, Xiaozhi Xu , Zhihong Zhang , Kaihui Liu; et al., Nature Nanotechnology, 11(11): 930-935, 2016.
28. Strain-Gradient Modulated Exciton Emission in Bent ZnO Wires Probed by Cathodoluminescence, Fu, Xue-Wen; Li, Cai-Zhen; Fang, Liang; et al., ACS Nano, 10(12): 11469-11474, 2016.
29. Aharonov-Bohm oscillations in Dirac semimetal Cd3As2 nanowires, Wang, Li-Xian; Li, Cai-Zhen; Yu, Da-Peng et al., Nature Communications 7: 10769，2016 .
30. A polymer scaffold for self-healing perovskite solar cells, Zhao, Yicheng; Wei, Jing; Li, Heng . et al., Nature Communications 7:10228, 2016
31. Giant negative magnetoresistance induced by the chiral anomaly in individual Cd3As2 nanowires, Li, Cai-Zhen; Wang, Li-Xian; Liu, Haiwen et al., Nature Communications 6:10137, 2015
32. Vibrational spectroscopy at electrolyte/electrode interfaces with graphene gratings, Bie, Ya-Qing; Horng, Jason; Shi, Zhiwen et al., Nature Communications 6:7593,2015
33. Layer-by-layer assembly of vertically conducting graphene devices, Chen, Jing-Jing; Meng, Jie; Zhou, Yang-Bo; et al., Nature Communications 4:1921, 2013.
34. (2) Tunable Bandgap in Silicene and Germanene: Nano Letters 12(1), 113-118, 2012.
35. Evidence for Thermal Spin-Transfer Torque, Yu, Haiming; Granville, S.; Yu, D. P.; et al., Physical Review Letters 104: 146601, 2010.
36. Optical properties of the ZnO nanotubes synthesized via vapor phase growth: Applied Physics Letters 83(9), 1689-1691, 2003.
37. Ultraviolet-emitting ZnO nanowires synthesized by a physical vapor deposition approach: Applied Physics Letters 78(4), 407-409, 2001.
38. Amorphous silica nanowires: Intensive blue light emitters: Applied Physics Letters 73(21), 3076-3078, 1998.