Born on March 16th,1959, Zhongwei, Ningxia Province, China. PhD in Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Université de Paris-Sud, Orsay, France, 1992. Outstanding Young Scientists Funding by NSFC (2000). Scholar Award, Ministry of Education, P. R. China (2002). Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences (2015). Chair Professor, School of Physics, Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech). Director, Institute for Quantum Science and Engineering of SUSTech.
D.P. Yu was promoted to full professor in 1999 in Peking University and joined in Southern University of Science and Technology in June 2016. Prof D. P. Yu is one of the world pioneers in developing method to synthesize from the bottom, and to characterize 1-dimensional semiconductor nanowires, and made important contributions to the investigations of nanowire materials. His group has published more than 300 peer-reviewed papers in nanowire materials and physics in important journal such as Advanced Materials, Nano Letters, Phys. Rev B/Letters, Appl. Phys. Letters, JACS and Nature Communications. Those papers have important impact and been cited for more than 20000 times by colleagues worldwide with an h-index of 77 (from Google Scholar). His work has been recognized by important awards such as the awards from the Ministry of Education for “1-D Nanostructured Materials and Physics”; 1st class, 2004, P. R. China, and the “National Natural Science Award” “1-D Nanostructured Materials and Physics”, 2nd class, P. R. China, 2007. In Elsevier’s annual list of Most Cited Chinese Researchers, Prof D. P. Yu has been continuing to enter the top three in physics and Astronomy field from 2014 to 2016. He has mentored more than 70 graduates and postdoctoral associates. In the past ten years, Prof D. P. Yu has focused on the controllable preparation of quantum materials, especially the quantum transport properties, and has made considerable progress.
Recent Featured English Papers
1. Experimental Realization of non-Adiabatic Shortcut to non-Abelian Geometric Gates, Tongxing Yan; Bao-Jie Liu; Kai Xu; Chao Song; et al., PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, accepted.
2. Observation of an Odd-Integer Quantum Hall Effect from Topological Surface States in Cd3As2, Lin, Ben-Chuan; Wang, Shuo; Wiedmann, Steffen; et al., PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, 122(3): 036602, 2019.
3. 4 pi-Periodic Supercurrent from Surface States in Cd3As2 Nanowire-Based Josephson Junctions, Wang, An-Qi; Li, Cai-Then; Li, Chuan; Liao, Zhi-Min; Brinkman, Alexander; Yu, Da-Peng, PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS 121(23): 237701, 2018.
4. Dirac Semimetal Heterostructures: 3D Cd3As2 on 2D Graphene，Wu, Yan-Fei; Zhang, Liang; Li, Cai-Zhen et al., ADVANCED MATERIALS 30(34): 1707547, 2018.
5. Fano Interference between Bulk and Surface States of a Dirac Semimetal Cd3As2 Nanowire, Wang, Shuo; Lin, Ben-Chuan; Zheng, Wen-Zhuang et al., PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS 120( 25)257701,2018
6. Atomic-scale mechanism of internal structural relaxation screening at polar interfaces, Li, Mingqiang; Cheng, Xiaoxing; Li, Ning; Liu, Heng-Jui; et al., Physical Review B, 97: 180103, 2018.
7. Asymmetric Modulation on Exchange Field in a Graphene/BiFeO3 Heterostructure by External Magnetic Field, Song, Hua-Ding; Wu, Yan-Fei; Yang, Xin; et al., Nano Letters,18: 2435-2441, 2018.
8. Bulk and surface states carried supercurrent in ballistic Nb-Dirac semimetal Cd3As2 nanowire-Nb junctions, Li, Cai-Zhen; Li, Chuan; Wang, Li-Xian; et al., Physical Review B, 97: 115446, 2018.
9. Spin wave propagation detected over 100 mu m in half-metallic Heusler alloy Co2MnSiStueckler, Tobias; Liu, Chuanpu; Yu, Haiming et al.,JOURNAL OF MAGNETISM AND MAGNETIC MATERIALS 450: 13-17, 2018
10. Long-distance propagation of short-wavelength spin waves, Liu, Chuanpu; Chen, Jilei; Liu, Tao; Heimbach, Florian; et al., Nature Communications, 9:738, 2018.
11. Greatly Enhanced Anticorrosion of Cu by Commensurate Graphene Coating,Xu, Xiaozhi; Yi, Ding; Wang, Zhichang et al.ADVANCED MATERIALS 30(6 )1702944,2018
12. Experimentally probing topological order and its breakdown through modular matrices, Luo, ZH (Luo, Zhihuang); Li, J (Li, Jun); Li, ZK (Li, Zhaokai); et al., Nature Physics,14:160, 2018.
13. Monitoring Local Strain Vector in Atomic-Layered MoSe2 by Second-Harmonic Generation,Liang, Jing; Zhang, Jin; Li, Zhenzhu et al.,NANO LETTERS 17(12)7539-7543, 2017.
14. Ultrabroadband spin-wave propagation in Co-2(Mn0.6Fe0.4)Si thin films, Stuckler, Tobias; Liu, Chuanpu; Liu, Tao; et al., Physical Review B 96:144430, 2017.
15. Interplay between topological surface states and superconductivity in SmB6/NbN tunnel junctions, Lin, Zhu; Zhou, Yong; Kong, Ling-Jian; et al., Physical Review B 96, 165408,2017.
16. Anomalous Hall effect and magnetic orderings in nanothick V5S8, Niu, Jingjing; Yan, Baoming; Ji, Qingqing; et al., Physical Review B 96: 075402,2017.
17. Gate-tuned Aharonov-Bohm interference of surface states in a quasiballistic Dirac semimetal nanowire, Lin, Ben-Chuan; Wang, Shuo; Wang, Li-Xian; et al., Physical Review B 95: 235436, 2017.
18. Spin-polarized surface state transport in a topological Kondo insulator SmB6 nanowire, Kong, Lingjian; Zhou, Yong; Liu, Song; et al., Physical Review B 95: 235410,2017.
19. Ultrafast epitaxial growth of metre-sized single-crystal graphene on industrial Cu foil, Xu, Xiaozhi; Zhang, Zhihong; Dong, Jichen et al., Science Bulletin 62(15): 1074-1080, 2017.
20. Possible absence of critical thickness and size effect in ultrathin perovskite ferroelectric films, Gao, Peng; Zhang, Zhangyuan; Li, Mingqiang; et al., Nature Communications 8: 15549,2017.
21. Magnetic proximity effect in graphene coupled to a BiFeO3 nanoplate, Wu, Yan-Fei; Song, Hua-Ding; Zhang, Liang; et al., Physical Review B 95 : 195426,2017.
22. Ultrafast Broadband Photodetectors Based on Three-Dimensional Dirac Semimetal Cd3As2, Wang, Qinsheng; Li, Cai-Zhen; Ge, Shaofeng; et al., Nano Letters 17: 834, 2017.
23. Electrical transport in nanothick ZrTe5 sheets: From three to two dimensions, Niu, Jingjing; Wang, Jingyue; He, Zhijie; et al., Physical Review B 95: 035420, 2017.
24. Ultrafast growth of single-crystal graphene assisted by a continuous oxygen supply, Xiaozhi Xu , Zhihong Zhang , Kaihui Liu et al., Nature Nanotechnology 11(11): 930-935, 2016.
25. Aharonov-Bohm oscillations in Dirac semimetal Cd3As2 nanowires, Wang, Li-Xian; Li, Cai-Zhen; Yu, Da-Peng et al., Nature Communications 7: 10769，2016 .
26. A polymer scaffold for self-healing perovskite solar cells, Zhao, Yicheng; Wei, Jing; Li, Heng . et al., Nature Communications 7:10228, 2016
27. Giant negative magnetoresistance induced by the chiral anomaly in individual Cd3As2 nanowires, Li, Cai-Zhen; Wang, Li-Xian; Liu, Haiwen et al., Nature Communications 6:10137, 2015
28. Vibrational spectroscopy at electrolyte/electrode interfaces with graphene gratings, Bie, Ya-Qing; Horng, Jason; Shi, Zhiwen et al., Nature Communications 6:7593,2015
29. Layer-by-layer assembly of vertically conducting graphene devices, Chen, Jing-Jing; Meng, Jie; Zhou, Yang-Bo; et al., Nature Communications 4:1921, 2013.
30. Evidence for Thermal Spin-Transfer Torque, Yu, Haiming; Granville, S.; Yu, D. P.; et al., Physical Review Letters 104: 146601, 2010.
31. Confined Three-Dimensional Plasmon Modes inside a Ring-Shaped Nanocavity on a Silver Film Imaged by Cathodoluminescence Microscopy, Zhu, X. L.; Ma, Y.; Zhang, J. S et al., Physical Review Letters 105:127402, 2010.
32. Boron Nitride Nanopores-Highly Sensitive DNA Single-Molecule Detectors, Song Liu, Bo Lu, Qing Zhao et al., Advanced Materials 25: 4549, 2013.