- Sufficient Dimension Reduction
- Variable Selection
- High Dimensional Analysis
- Complex Data Analysis
2005–2010: Ph.D. Statistics, University of Minnesota, Advisor: Prof. R. Dennis Cook.
2001–2003: M.S. Statistics & Applied Probability, National University of Singapore.
1994–1999: B.S. Mathematics, Nankai University, Tianjin, China.
August 2019 – Current. Associate Professor in Department of Statistics and Data Science, Southern University of Science & Technology, China
Jan 2019 – August 2019. Associate Professor in Department of Mathematics, Southern University of Science & Technology, China
June 2011 – Jan 2019. Assistant Professor in Department of Statistics and Applied Probability, National University of Singapore
August 2010 – June 2011. Assistant Professor in Mathematics Department, Syracuse University, USA
List of Publications
- Deng, L., Zou, C., Wang Z. and Chen X. (To appear) “Testing Constancy of Conditional Variance in High Dimension." Statistica Sinica
- Zhang, J. and Chen, X. (To appear) “Principal Envelope Model", Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference.
- Chen X., Ma. X and Zhou W. (To appear) “Kernel Density Regression." Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference.
- Zhang J. and Chen X. (2019) “Robust suffcient dimension reduction via ball covariance." Computational Statistics & Data Analysis 140, 144-154.
- Chen, X., Sheng, W., and Yin, X. (2018). “Effcient Sparse Estimate of Suffcient Dimension Reduction in High Dimension." Technometrics 60, 161-168.
- Chen, X., Ma, X., Wang, X. and Zhang, J. (2017). Effcient Feature Screening for Ultrahigh-dimensional Varying Coeffcient Models. Statistics and Its Interface, 10, 407-412.
- Wen, C., Zhu, S., Chen, X. and Wang, X. (2017). Adaptive Model-free Sure Independence Screening. Statistics and Its Interface, 10, 399-406.
- Ma, X., Chen, X. and Zhang, J. (2016). Fast Robust Feature Screening for Ultrahigh-dimensional Varying Coeffcient Models. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 87, 724-732.
- Su, Z., Zhu, G., Chen, X. and Yang, Y. (2016). Sparse Envelope Model: Effcient Estimation and Response Variable Selection in Multivariate Linear Regression. Biometrika, 103, 579-593.
- Chen, X., Cook, R. and Zou, C. (2015). Diagnostic studies in suffcient dimension reduction. Biometrika, 102, 545-558.
- Chen, X. and Zhu L. (2015). Connecting continuum regression with suffcient dimension reduction. Statistics & Probability Letters, 98, 44-49.
- Zou, C. and Chen, X. (2012). On the consistency of coordinate-independent sparse estimation with BIC. Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 112, 248-255.
- Chen, X., Zou, C. and Cook, R. (2010). Coordinate-Independent Sparse Suffcient Dimension Reduction and Variable Selection. The Annals of Statistics, 38, 3696-3723.
- Chen, X. and Cook, R. (2010). Some Insights into Continuum Regression and its Asymptotic Properties. Biometrika, 97, 985-989.
- Prince, A., Chen, X. and Lun, K. C. (2005) Containing Acute Disease Outbreak. Methods of Information in Medicine, 44, 603-608.