2015-2018 Ph.D. University of Florida, U.S.A.
2010-2013 M.A. International Chinese Language Education, Nanjing University, China
2006-2010 B.A. Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language, Nanjing Normal University, China
- 2018-present Lecturer, Southern University of Science and Technology, China. Course taught: SUSTECH English 1&3, Staff Chinese
- 2017-2018 T.A. & Course Instructor, College of Education, University of Florida, U.S. Course taught: Language Arts for Diverse Learners
- 2015-2016 Grade 2 Chinese Teacher, Huagen Chinese Language School, U.S
- 2014-2016 T.A. & Course Instructor, College of Education, University of Florida, U.S. Course taught: Children’s Literature
- 2016 Summer Grade 1 Math/Science Teacher, Dutch Town Elementary School, U.S.
- 2014 Summer Guest Lecturer for Study Abroad Program, University of Florida, U.S.
- 02/2011 – 09/2012 T.A. at Nanjing University
- Rongrong Dong, Dr. Danling Fu, Xiaodi Zhou, Buyi Wang, “Writing Instruction in China”, International Literacy Association 2017, Orlando, FL
- Rongrong Dong, Jen Cheveallier, Lin Deng, “Using adolescent fictions to advocate students finding their own voices in writing and establishing writer identity”,National Conference of Teachers of English 2016, Atlanta, GA. November 2016
- Rongrong Dong, Lin Deng, Xiaochen Du, “Coaching preservice teachers selecting high quality children’s books and examine authenticity in the books”, Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education 2016，Savannah, GA. March 2016.
- Rongrong Dong, Xiaochen Du, Mario Worlds, Soowon Jo, Lin Deng, “Discovering a World Between School and Home: How Selection of Children’s Literature Impacts Diverse Communities”, Journal of Language & Literacy Education 2016, Athens, GA. Jan 2016.
- Dr. Danling Fu, Rongrong Dong, Jen Cheveallier, “Critical Literacy in Secondary Classrooms”, Journal of Language & Literacy Education 2016, Athens, GA. Jan 2016.
- Dr. Ruth Lowery, Dr. Mary Ellen Oslick, Kathleen Colantonio-Yurko, Tiffany Baglier, Soowon Jo, Mario Worlds, and Rongrong Dong,“2015 Orbis Pictus Award & More: Nonfiction Books and the Common Core”, Florida Reading Association Annual Conference 2015, Orlando, FL. Oct 2015.
- Dong, R., Fu, D., Zhou, X., Wang, B. (2019, in progress). Writing Instruction in China: Challenges and Efforts, International Journal of Information and Education Technology, ISSN: 2010-3689
- Fu, D., Cao, Y., & Dong, R. (2015). Critical Thinking Cultivation in Literacy Education, Language Arts Learning, 12, 52-57. ISSN 1001-8468.
- Dong, R. (2012). Preliminary Study on Personalized Evaluation System of Chinese Language for Overseas Confucius Institutes, Jiannan Literature• Classic Education Garden, 10, No. CN51-1114/I.
- (In progress): Newkirk, T. (2014). Minds made for stories: How we really read and write informational and persuasive texts. Portmouth: Heinemann.