Zewei Quan currently is a professor of chemistry at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech). My current research interests include solution-phase synthesis, self-assembly, and high-pressure behavior of nanoparticles.
I received my B.Sc. degree (with honor) in chemistry from Wuhan University (2000-2004). My Ph.D. research was conducted at Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences with Prof. Jun Lin (2004-2009). I came to the U.S. to become a postdoctoral fellow and later a research scientist at the State University of New York at Binghamton, where I worked with Prof. Jiye Fang (2009-2012). After that, I joined Los Alamos National Laboratory as Oppenheimer Fellow (2012-2015).
2004-2009, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Inorganic Chemistry, Ph.D.
2000-2004, Wuhan University, Chemistry, B. Sc.
2012-2015, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Oppenheimer Fellow
2009-2012, State University of New York at Binghamton, Postdoctor and Research Scientist
Novel nanoscale energy materials
Self-assembly of functional nanomaterials and their mechanical performances
Emergent properties of nanomaterials at extreme conditions
Total 78 peer-reviewed papers, citations > 4350, H-index: 38
1. Zewei Quan, Di Wu, Jinlong Zhu, Wiel H. Evers, James M Boncella, Laurens D.A. Siebbeles, Zhongwu Wang, Alexandra Navrotsky,* and Hongwu Xu*, Energy Landscape of Self-Assembled Superlattices of PbSe Nanocrystals, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2014, 111, 9054-9057. (Highlighted by Los Alamos National Laboratory)
2. Jinlong Zhu,* Zewei Quan,* Yu-Shen Lin, Ying-Bing Jiang, Zhongwu Wang, Jianzhong Zhang, Changqing Jin, Yusheng Zhao, Zhenxian Liu, C. Jeffrey Brinker, and Hongwu Xu*, Porous Ice Phases with VI and Distorted VII Structures Constrained in Nanoporous Silica, Nano Letters, 2014, 14, 6654-6658.
3. Zewei Quan, Hongwu Xu, Chenyu Wang, Xiadong Wen, Yuxuan Wang, Jinlong Zhu, Zhongwu Wang, Detlef-M Smilgies, Zhiping Luo,* and Jiye Fang*, Solvent-Mediated Self-Assembly of Nanocube Superlattices, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2014, 136, 1352-1359. (Highlighted in the journal website front page)
4. Zewei Quan, Zhiping Luo, Yuxuan Wang, Hongwu Xu, Chenyu Wang, Zhongwu Wang, and Jiye Fang*, Pressure-Induced Switching between Amorphization and Crystallization in PbTe Nanoparticles, Nano Letters 2013, 13, 3729-3735.
5. Nathan Porter, Hong Wu, Zewei Quan,* and Jiye Fang*, Shape-Controlled and Electrocatalytic Activity-Enhancement of Pt-Based Bimetallic Nanocrystals, Accounts of Chemical Research 2013, 46, 1867-1877. (Invited Review)
6. Zewei Quan, Welley Siu Loc, Cuikun Lin, Zhiping Luo, Kaikun Yang, Yuxuan Wang, Howard Wang, Zhongwu Wang,* and Jiye Fang*, Tilted Face-Centered-Cubic Supercrystals of PbS Nanocubes, Nano Letters 2012, 12, 4409-4413.
7. Zewei Quan, Yuxuan Wang, and Jiye Fang*, High-Indexed Noble Metal Nanocrystals, Accounts of Chemical Research 2013, 46, 191-202. (Invited Review)
8. Zewei Quan, Yuxuan Wang, In-Tae Bae, Welley Siu Loc, Chenyu Wang, Zhongwu Wang*, and Jiye Fang*, Reversal of Hall–Petch Effect in Structural Stability of PbTe Nanocrystals and Associated Variation of Phase Transformation, Nano Letters 2011, 11, 5531-5536. (Highlighted in the journal website front page and Cornell University)
9. Zewei Quan, Zhiping Luo, Welley Siu Loc, Jun Zhang, Yuxuan Wang, Kaikun Yang, Nathan Porter, Jun Lin, Howard Wang, and Jiye Fang*, Synthesis of PbSeTe Single Ternary Alloy and Core/Shell Heterostructured Nanocubes, Journal of the American Chemical Society 2011, 133, 17590-17593.
10. Zewei Quan and Jiye Fang*, Superlattices with Non-Spherical Building Blocks, Nano Today 2010, 5, 390-411. (Invited Review)