Dr. Weijun Wu is a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology. His research interests include the design and synthesis of multifunctional polymer materials, construction of drug delivery systems, and biological applications of organic fluorescent probes. He received his PhD degree in chemical biology from Sun Yat-sen University in 2020. From 2020 to 2022, he was engaged in postdoctoral research in the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, and was supported by the 69th batch of China Postdoctoral Science Foundation. Up to now, he published several SCI papers in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry Frontiers, Chemical Communication and other international journals with over 100 citations and H factor 5.
2015.09-2020.06 School of Chemistry, Sun Yat-sen University, Chemical Biology, PhD.
2011.09-2015.06 School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University, Chemical Biology, Bachelor of Science.
2020.08-2022.07 Department of Biomedical Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, PostDoc.
（1） Design and construction of organic fluorescent probe molecules
（2） Synthesis and application of multifunctional polymer materials
（3） Construction and application of drug delivery system
1. Jinchao Shen‡, Xinxing Liao‡, Weijun Wu‡, Tao Feng, Johannes Karges, Mingwei Lin, Hongjie Luo, Yu Chen and Hui Chao*. A pH-responsive iridium(III) two-photon photosensitizer loaded CaCO3 nanoplatform for combined Ca2+ overload and photodynamic therapy. Inorg. Chem. Front., 2022, doi.org/10.1039/D2QI00951J.
2. Xinxing Liao‡, Jinchao Shen‡, Weijun Wu‡, Shi Kuang, Mingwei Lin, Johannes Karges, Zilong Tang* and Hui Chao*. A mitochondrial-targeting iridium(III) complex for H2O2-responsive and oxidative stress amplified two-photon photodynamic therapy. Inorg. Chem. Front., 2021, 8, 5045-5053.
3. Zeshun Li, Tingting Li, Chen Zhang, Jen-Shyang Ni, Yaoyao Ji, Aihui Sun, Dinglu Peng, Weijun Wu, Lei Xi* and Kai Li*. A Multispectral Photoacoustic Tracking Strategy for Wide-Field and Real-Time Monitoring of Macrophages in Inflammation. Anal. Chem., 2021, 93, 8467-8475.
4. Weijun Wu, Xinxing Liao, Yu Chen, Liangnian Ji and Hui Chao*. Mitochondria-Targeting and Reversible Near-Infrared Emissive Iridium(III) Probe for in vivo ONOO-/GSH Redox Cycles Monitoring. Anal. Chem., 2021, 93, 8062-8070.
5. Chengzhi Jin, Guanying Li, Xia Wu, Jiangping Liu, Weijun Wu, Yazhou Chen, Toshio Sasaki, Hui Chao* and Ye Zhang*. Robust Packing of a Self-Assembling Iridium Complex via Endocytic Trafficking for Long-Term Lysosome Tracking. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2021, 60, 7597-7601.
6. Weijun Wu, Cheng Zhang, Thomas W. Rees, Xinxing Liao, Xu Yan, Yu Chen, Liangnian Ji and Hui Chao*. Lysosome-Targeting Iridium(III) Probe with Near-Infrared Emission for the Visualization of NO/O2•- Crosstalk via In Vivo Peroxynitrite Imaging. Anal. Chem., 2020, 92, 6003-6009.
7. Jia Li, Leli Zeng, Kai Xiong, Thomas W. Rees, Chengzhi Jin, Weijun Wu, Yu Chen*, Liangnian Ji and Hui Chao*. A biotinylated ruthenium(II) photosensitizer for tumor-targeted two-photon photodynamic therapy. Chem. Commun., 2019, 55, 10972-10975.
8. Weijun Wu, Ruilin Guan, Xinxing Liao, Xu Yan, Thomas W. Rees, Liangnian Ji and Hui Chao*. Bimodal Visualization of Endogenous Nitric Oxide in Lysosomes with a Two-Photon Iridium(III) Phosphorescent Probe. Anal. Chem. 2019, 91, 10266-10272.
9. Xiang Chen, Lingli Sun, Yu Chen, Xiaolin Cheng, Weijun Wu, Liangnian Ji and HuiChao*. A fast and selective two-photon phosphorescent probe for the imaging of nitric oxide in mitochondria. Biomaterials, 2015, 58, 72-81.