Tiangang Yang received his bachelor degree from the Physics department of Dalian University of Technology in 2009. He completed his Ph.D. work at Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Science. He did his postdoc in the Department of Physics and Astronomy, at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) from 2016 to 2019. His research has been focusing on dynamical resonances in chemical reactions, quantum effect in low-temperature interstellar chemistry and cold ion-molecule reaction dynamics. He is a tenure-track assistant professor at the Department of Chemistry, Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) since November 2019. Post-doctoral position is available in his group.
- Yang,T.#; Li, A.#; Chen, G.; Yao, Q.; Suits, A.; Guo, H.*; Hudson, E. R.*; Campbell, W.*, Isomer-specific kinetics of the C+ + H2O reaction at the temperature of interstellar clouds. Sci. Adv. 7, eabe4080 (2021)
- Yang,T.; Yang, X.*. Quantum resonances near absolute zero. Science 368, 582-583 (2020).
- Yang,T.#; Huang, L.#; Xiao, C.#; Chen, J.; Wang, T.; Dai, D.; Lique, F.; Alexander, M. H. *; Sun, Z. *; Zhang, D. H.; Yang, X. *; Neumark, D. M*. Enhanced reactivity of fluorine with para-hydrogen in cold interstellar clouds by resonance-induced quantum tunnelling. Nat. Chem. 2019, 11, 744-749.
- Chen, G.; Xie, C.; Yang, T.*; Li, A.; Suits, A.; Hudson, E. R.; Campbell, W.; Guo, H.* Isotope-Selective Chemistry in the Be+(2S1/2) + HOD → BeOD+/BeOH+ + H/D Reaction. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2019, 21, 14005-14011.
- Yang, T.*; Li, A.*; Chen, G. K.; Xie, C.; Suits, A. G.; Campbell, W. C.; Guo, H.; Hudson, E. R. Optical Control of Reactions between Water and Laser-Cooled Be+ Ions. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2018, 3555-3560.
- Wang, T.; Yang, T.; Xiao, C.*; Sun, Z.*; Zhang, D.*; Yang, X.*; Weichman, M. L.*; Neumark, D. M*. Dynamical resonances in chemical reactions. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2018, 47, 6744-6763 .
- Yang, T. #; Chen, J.#; Huang, L.; Wang, T.; Xiao, C.*; Sun, Z.*; Dai, D.; Yang, X.*; Zhang, D. H*. Extremely Short-Lived Reaction Resonances in Cl + HD (v = 1)→DCl + H Due to Chemical Bond Softening. Science. 2015, 347, 60-63.
- Yang, T.; Huang, L.; Wang, T.; Xiao, C.; Xie, Y.; Sun, Z.*; Dai, D.; Chen, M.*; Zhang, D. H.; Yang, X*. Effect of Reagent Vibrational Excitation on the Dynamics of F + H2(v=1, j=0) → HF(v′, j′) + H Reaction. J. Phys. Chem. A. 2015.
- Wang, T.#; Chen, J.#; Yang, T.; Xiao, C.*; Sun, Z.*; Huang, L.; Dai, D.; Yang, X.*; Zhang, D. H*. Dynamical Resonances Accessible Only by Reagent Vibrational Excitation in the F + HD → HF + D Reaction. Science. 2013, 342, 1499-1502.
- Xiao, C.#; Xu, X.#; Liu, S.; Wang, T.; Dong, W.; Yang, T.; Sun, Z.; Dai, D.; Zhang, D. H*.; Yang, X*. Experimental and Theoretical Differential Cross Sections for a Four-Atom Reaction: HD + OH → H2O + D. Science. 2011, 333, 440-442.