Dr. Chong Zhang, research associate scientist, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology. His research interests focus on the synthesis of functional polymers for biomedical application. He obtained bachelor’s degree from Department of Polymer Materials and Engineering, Anhui University of Technology in 2010, and Ph.D. of chemistry from University of Science and Technology of China in 2016. Then Dr. Chong Zhang has been doing postdoctoral work in Peking University, IBS, and the University of Tokyo from 2016 to 2020. He has published 9 academic papers in the international well-known journals such as Biomaterials, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, with a total of more than 100 citations.
Ph.D, Polymer Chemistry and Engineering, Sep 2010- Mar 2016, University of Science and Technology of China, China
Bachelor, Polymer Materials and Engineering, Sep 2006-Jun 2010, Anhui University of Technology, China.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Jun. 2019 – Nov. 2020, Chemistry and Biotechnology, the University of Tokyo, Japan
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Oct. 2018 – May. 2019, Center for Soft and Living Matter, Institute for Basic Science (IBS), South Korea
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Apr. 2016 – Aug. 2018, Polymer Science and Engineering, Peking University, China
Surface modification of medical materials
1. Chong Zhang, Yingqin Hou, Hua Lu*, The secondary structure effect of poly(α-amino acid)s in materials sciences and biomedical applications. Chemistry, 2020,83(4):343-348.
2. Wei Xiong‡, Chong Zhang‡, Xiaolin Lyu, Hantao Zhou, Wen-Ying Chang, Yu Bo, Er-Qiang Chen, Zhihao Shen, Hua Lu, Synthesis of modifiable photo-responsive polypeptides bearing allyloxylated azobenzene side-chains. Polymer Chemistry, 2020, 11, 439-448.
3. Shupeng Yan, Chong Zhang*, Hua Lu*, Advances in zwitterionic polymers, Journal of Functional Polymers, 2020, 33, 1-14.
4. Chong Zhang‡, Jianhua Lu‡, Falin Tian‡, Lindong Li, Yingqin Hou, Yaoyi Wang, Lingdong Sun, Xinghua Shi, Hua Lu*, Regulation of the Cellular Uptake of Nanoparticles by the Orientation of Helical Polypeptides. Nano Research, 2019, 12, 889-896.
5. Chong Zhang, Jingsong Yuan, Jianhua Lu, Yingqin Hou, Wei Xiong, Hua Lu, From Neutral to Zwitterionic Poly(α-Amino Acid) Nonfouling Surfaces: Effects of Helical Conformation and Anchoring Orientation. Biomaterials, 2018, 178, 728-737.
6. Chong Zhang, Jianhua Lu‡, Yingqin Hou, Wei Xiong, Kai Sheng, Hua Lu*, Investigation on the Linker Length of Synthetic Zwitterionic Polypeptides for Improved Nonfouling Surfaces. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2018, 10, 17463–17470.
7. Chong Zhang, Hua Lu*, Efficient Synthesis and Application of Protein-Poly(α-amino acid) Conjugates. Acta Polymerica Sinica , 2018, (1): 21-31.
8. Chong Zhang, Songtao Liu, Lin Tan, Haikun Zhu, Yanmei Wang*, Star-shaped poly(2-methyl-2-oxazoline)-based films: rapid preparation and effects of polymer architecture on antifouling properties. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2015, 3(27), 5615-5628.
Chong Zhang, Lijuan Chen, Lin Tan, Xiajun Zheng, Yanmei Wang*, Poly(dopamine)-assisted preparation of star poly(ethylene glycol)-based coatings: A detailed study of their protein resistance and application in CE. Reactive and Functional Polymers, 2015, 93, 190-201.