PhD (Jan 2005) in Electrical Engineering Boston University, Boston, MA
Dissertation: A Hydro-mechanical Biomimetic Cochlea: Experiments and Models
MS (July 2000) in Biomedical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
BS (July 1997) in Biomedical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
2012.9 – present Research Scientist, South University of Science and Technology of China
2009. 5 – 2012.9 Research Associate/ Engineer, Oregon Health and Science University
2008. 7 – 2009. 3 Senior System Design Engineer, KLA-Tencor corp. CA
2006. 7 – 2008. 7 Research Associate/ Engineer, Oregon Health and Science University
2004.12 – 2006. 7 Postdoctoral research fellow. Oregon Health and Science University
2005-2006: Postdoctoral Fellow, Cochlear Mechanics Lab, Oregon Hearing Research Center
2003: Dean’s Award for the best Poster in Science and Technology Day, Boston University
2000-2001: Dean’s Fellowship, College of Engineering, Boston University
1. Ramamoorthy S, Zha D, Chen F, Jacques SL, Wang R, Choudhury N, Nuttall AL, Fridberger A. “Filtering of acoustic signals within the hearing organ. ” J Neurosci. 2014 Jul 2;34(27):9051-8. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0722-14.2014. (equally contributed)
2. Subhash HM, Choudhury N, Chen F, Wang RK, Jacques SL, Nuttall AL. “Depth-resolved dual-beamlet vibrometry based on Fourier domain low coherence interferometry.”J Biomed Opt. 2013;18(3):036003.
3. Zha D, Chen F*, Ramamoorthy S, Fridberger A, Choudhury N, et al. (2012) In Vivo Outer Hair Cell Length Changes Expose the Active Process in the Cochlea. PLoS ONE 7(4) （Corresponding author）
4. Chen F, Zha D, Fridberger A, Zheng J, Choudhury N, Jacques SL, Wang RK, Shi X, Nuttall AL. 2011 A differentially amplified motion in the ear for near-threshold sound detection, Nat Neurosci. June 2011. v14: 770-775
5. Mo W., Chen F., Nechiporuk A. and Nicolson T. “Quantification of vestibular-induced eye movements in zebrafish larvae” BMC Neuroscience 2010, 11:110 (equally contributed)
6. Chen, F. and Nuttall, A. “Comment on “Measuring power production in the mammalian cochlea” [Curr. Biol. 17, 1340 (2007)] (L)” Journal of Acoustic Society of America Volume 125, Issue 1, pp. 11-14 (2009)
7. Chen, F., Choudhury, N., Zheng, J., Matthews, S., Nuttall, A. and Jacques, S., “In vivo imaging and low-coherence interferometry of cochlear membrane vibration” Journal of Biomedical Optics. Volume 12, Issue 2. This paper was selected into April 15, 2007 issue of “Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research”, an on-line collection of papers in biological physics research.
8. Chen, F., Cohen, H., Kapusta, C., Fortin, J., Bifano, T., Mountain, D., Zosuls, A., and Hubbard, A “A hydro-mechanical biomimetic cochlea: Experiments and models” Journal of Acoustic Society of America Volume 119, Issue 1, pp. 394-405. This paper was selected into January 15, 2006 issue of “Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research”, an on-line collection of papers in biological physics research.
9. Fangyi Chen, Tao Wu, Teresa Wilson, Hrebesh Subhash, Irina Omelchenko, Michael Bateschell, Lingyan Wang, John Brigande, Zhi-Gen Jiang, Alfred Nuttall “Expression and function of channelrhodopsin 2 in mouse outer hair cells”Proc. SPIE. 8586, Optogenetics: Optical Methods for Cellular Control 85860I (March 8, 2013)
10. Fangyi Chen, Dingjun Zha, Anders Fridberger, Jiefu Zheng, Niloy Choudhury, Steven L. Jacques, Ruikang K. Wang, Alfred L. Nuttall “In vivo measurement of differential motion inside the organ of Corti using a low coherence interferometer system” Proc. SPIE, Vol. 8207 (2012)