XU Jing received his BS from Nanchang University (2000), and MS from Tongji University (2004) with Professor Ronghua Zhang. After that, he joined the Wuxi PharmaTech (Now as Wuxi AppTec) for 1 year as a research scientist. From 2005, he moved to Germany and started his Ph.D. study with Professor Athanassios Giannis, and received his Ph.D. (summa cum laude) from Leipzig University in 2009. He joined the lab of Professor Emmanuel A. Theodorakis at University of California, San Diego from 2009 to 2013 to pursue postdoctoral research. After a short period of collaboration with Professor Carlos A. Guerrero at UC San Diego, he began his independent career at the SUSTech in 2014, where he is currently a Professor. His research interests include natural product total synthesis and drug discovery.
2020 — present, SUSTech, Department of Chemistry, Professor
2017 ― present, SUSTech, Shenzhen Grubbs Institute, Joint Professor
2015 ― 2020, SUSTech, Department of Chemistry, Associate Professor
2014 ― 2015, SUSTech, Department of Chemistry, Assistant Professor
2009 ― 2013, UC San Diego, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Postdoc fellow
2004 ― 2005, Wuxi PharmaTech, Department of Synthetic Chemistry, Scientist
- Enantioselective Total Synthesis of (−)-Caldaphnidine O via a Radical Cyclization Cascade.-D. Guo, J. Hu, Y. Zhang, W. Tu, Y. Zhang, F. Pu, J. Xu*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 13043−13048.
- Total Synthesis of Dapholdhamine B and Dapholdhamine B Lactone.-D. Guo, J. Hou, W. Tu, Y. Zhang, Y. Zhang, L. Chen, J. Xu*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 11713−11720.
- A Concise Total Synthesis of (–)-Himalensine A. Chen, J. Hu, L.-D. Guo, W. Zhong, C. Ning, J. Xu*, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, 58, 7390−7394.
- 13-Step Total Synthesis of Atropurpuran. Xie, G. Chen, H. Yan, J. Hou, Y. He, T. Zhao, J. Xu*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 3435−3439.
- Innovation in Protecting-Group-Free Natural Product Synthesis. Hui, F. Chen, F. Pu, J. Xu*, Nature Reviews Chemistry 2019, 3, 85−107.
- Total Synthesis of Sesterterpenoids. Chen, J. Zhao*, S.-P. Li, J. Xu*, Nat. Prod. Rep. 2019, 36, 263−288.
- Total Synthesis of Astellatol. Zhao, S. Yin, S. Xie, H. Yan, P. Ren, G. Chen, F. Chen, J. Xu*, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 3386−3390.