Research Areas:nanoscale/ultrafast energy conversion and transfer; laser processing; ultrafast spectroscopy
Liang Guo received his Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, Tsinghua University in 2009. He conducted graduate research on nanoscale heat transfer in Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University. His projects include heat transfer across metal-dielectric interfaces, wavelength tuning effect in time-domain thermoreflectance for measuring thermal properties, and phonon dynamics in thermoelectric materials. He obtained his PhD degree in September, 2014. From October, 2014 to December, 2017, as a postdoctoral researcher, he utilized femtosecond two-dimensional electronic spectroscopy (2DES) to study energy transfer in novel two-dimensional semiconductors in chemistry, University of California, Berkeley. His current project is exciton dynamics in monolayer transition metal dichalcogenides(TMDCs). Since 2012, he has published 12 papers listed in SCI/EI, 8 of which are first-author including one on Nature Physics. He joined mechanical and energy engineering of South University of Science and Technology of China in January, 2018. Liang has obtained 1 funding from National Natural Science Foundation and support from Overseas High-Caliber Personnel program (level C), Shenzhen.
◆ Nanoscale energy conversion and transfer
◆ Laser-matter interaction
◆ Femtosecond time-resolved spectroscopy
◆ Micro- and nanoscale manufacture by laser
◆ 2009.09-2014.09 PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University
◆ 2005.09-2009.06 BS, Mechanical Engineering, Tsinghua University
◆ 2009 The honor of excellent graduate of Tsinghua University
2. Monahan, D. M., Guo, L., Lin, J., Dou, L., Yang, P., and Fleming, G., The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 8, 3211 (2017).
3. Guo, L., Monahan, D. M., and Fleming, G., Optics Express 24, 18126 (2016).
4. Wei, P., Yang, J., Guo, L., Wang, S., Wu, L., Xu, X., Zhao, W., Zhang, Q., Zhang, W., Dresselhaus, M., and Yang, J., Advanced Functional Materials 26, 5360 (2016).
5. Wang, J., Guo, L., Ling, C., Song, Y., Xu, X., Ni, Z., and Chen, Y., Physical Review B 93, 155306 (2016).
6. Wang, J., Guo, L., Liu, C., Xu, X., and Chen, Y., Applied Physics Letters 107, 063107 (2016).
7. Guo, L., Xu, X., and Salvador, J. R., Applied Physics Letters 106, 231902 (2015).
8. Guo, L. and Xu, X., Journal of Heat Transfer 136, 122401 (2014).
9. Wang, Y.*, Guo, L.*, Xu, X., Pierce, J., and Venkatasubramanian, R., Physical Review B 88, 064307 (2013) (The first two authors have equal contribution).
10. Guo, L., Xu, X., Salvador, J. R., and Meisner, G. P., Journal of Electronic Materials 42, 1978 (2013).
11. Guo, L., Xu, X., Salvador, J. R., and Meisner, G. P., Applied Physics Letters 102, 111905 (2013).
12. Guo, L., Hodson, S. L., Fisher, T. S., and Xu, X., Journal of Heat Transfer 134, 042402 (2012).
◆The research in this group is interdisciplinary and we are open to students and scholars with interest in mechanical engineering (including energy engineering, thermal engineering and precision instruments), electrical engineering, optics, solid state physics and physical chemistry.