Feng He is a Professor in Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech). Dr. He received his BS (2002) and PhD (2007) from Jilin University with Professor Yuguang Ma. Then he moved to University of Toronto for his post-doctoral training with Prof. Mitchell A. Winnik and Prof. Ian Manners. In 2009, he joined Prof. Luping Yu’s group at the University of Chicago. From 2011 to 2014, Dr. He worked as a senior research scientist in Nano-C Inc. at Boston and Polyera Corp. at Chicago. His major research interest is the organic conjugated polymers for optoelectronics and renewable energy applications, and supramolecular self-assembly of block copolymers. He has published more than 100 papers in Joule, JACS, Adv. Mater., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Nat. Commun., Chem. Rev., etc. These papers have been cited for more than 3900 times with H-index of 30 (Google Sholar). He is recognized as Overseas High-Caliber Personnel from Shenzhen in 2014, the recipient of GSAS Scholar from National Science Foundation of the United States in 2012, and Participation Award of the 18th Meeting of Nobel Prize Winners in Chemistry at Germany in 2006.
◆ Oct. 2020 – Present, Professor, Chemistry Department, SUSTech, China
◆ 2014 – 2020，Associate Professor, Chemistry Department, SUSTech, China
◆ 2013 – 2014，Senior Research Scientist, Polyera Corp., USA
◆ 2012 – 2013，Senior Scientist , Nano-C Inc., USA
◆ 2009 – 2012，Postdoctoral Scholar, Chemistry Department, University of Chicago, USA
◆ Jul. – Oct. 2008, Visiting Academic, School of Chemistry, Bristol University, UK
◆ 2007-2009，Postdoctoral Fellow, Chemistry Department, University of Toronto, Canada
◆ 2002-2007，Ph. D., Jilin University, Polymer Chemistry and Physics
◆ 1998-2002，B. Eng., Jilin University, Polymer Material and Engineering
1. Feng He, Wei Wang, Wei Chen, Tao Xu, Seth B. Darling, Joseph Strzalka, Yun Liu, Luping Yu*, “Tetrathienoanthracene-based copolymers for efficient solar cells” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133 , 3284-3287.
2. Feng He, Torben G?dt, Ian Manners*, Mitch A. Winnik*, “Fluorescent “barcode” multiblock co-micelles via the living self-assembly of di- and triblock copolymers with a crystalline core-forming metalloblck” J Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 9095-9103.
3. Feng He, Luping Yu*, “How far can polymer solar cells go?-in need of a synergistic approach” J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2011, 3102-3113.
4. Bridget Carsten, Feng He, Hae J. Son, Tao Xu, Luping Yu*, “Stille polycondensation for synthesis of functional materials” Chem. Rev. 2011, 111, 1493-1528.
5. Feng He, Torben G?dt, Marcus Jones, Gregory D. Scholes, Ian Manners*, Mitch A. Winnik*, “Synthesis of poly(ferrocenyldimethylsilane-b-2-vinylpyridine-b-2,5-di(2) '-ethylhexyloxy)-1,4-phenylvinylene) and self-assembly to form fluoromicules" Macromolecules 2009, 42, 7953–7960.
6. Feng He, Yinhua Zhou, Shuijun Liu, Leilei Tian, Hai Xu, Houyu Zhang, Bing Yang, Qingfang Dong, Wenjing Tian, Yuguang Ma*, Jiacong Shen, “Cruciform oligo(phenylenevinylene) with a bipyridine bridge: synthesis, its Rhenium(I) complex and photovoltaic properties” Chem. Commun. 2008, 3912–3914.
7. Feng He, Leilei Tian, Weijie Xie, Mao Li, Qi Gao, Muddasir Hanif, Yingfang Zhang, Cheng Gang, Bing Yang, Yuguang Ma, * Shiyong Liu, Jiacong Shen, "Highly efficient blue organic light-emitting devices based on Improved guest/host combination” J. Phys. Chem. C 2008, 112, 12024–12029.
8. Feng He, Lei Lei Tian, Hai Xu, Xiaoyu Tian, Weijie Xie, Muddasir Hanif, Jialiang Xia, Fengzhong Shen, Bing Yang, Feng Li, Yuguang Ma, * Yanqiang Yang*, Jiacong Shen, "Diphenylamine substituted cruciform oligo(phenylenevinylene ): enhanced one-photon and two-photon excited fluorescence in solid-state" Adv. Funct. Mater. 2007, 17, 1551–1557.
9. Feng He, Hai Xu, Bing Yang, Yu Duan, Leilei Tian, Keke Huang, Yuguang Ma, * Shiyong Liu, Shouhua Feng, Jiacong Shen, "Oligomeric phenylenevinylene with cross dipole arrangement and amorphous morphology: enhanced solid-state luminescence efficiency And electroluminescence performance” Adv. Mater. 2005, 17, 2710–2714.
10. Feng He, Hong Xia, Shi Tang, Yu Duan, Ming Zeng, Lin Lin Liu, Mao Li, Haiquan Zhang, Bing Yang, Yuguang Ma, * Shiyong Liu, Jiacong Shen, "A novel amorphous oligo(phenylenevinylene) dimer with a Biphenyl linkage center and fluorene end groups for electroluminescent devices" J. Mater. Chem. 2004, 14, 2735–2740.
11. Feng He, Gang Cheng, Haiquan Zhang, Yan Zheng, Zengqi Xie, Bing Yang, Yuguang Ma, * Shiyong Liu, Jiacong Shen, "Synthesis, characteristics and luminescence properties of oligo(phenylenevinylene) dimers with a biphenyl linkage center" Chem Commun. 2003, 2206–2207.
12. Feng He, Haiquan Zhang, Lin He, Yan Zheng, Guo Zhang, Yuguang Ma*, Jiacong Shen, “Twisted PPV copolymers with efficient blue light emitting” Synth. Met. 2003, 135–136, 209–210.
13. Shanfeng Xue, Suijun Liu, Feng He, Liang Yao, Cheng Gu, Hai Xu, Zengqi Xie, Hongbin Wu and Yuguang Ma*, “Chemistry and Material based on 5,5'-bibenzo[c][1,2, 5]thiadiazole” Chem. Commun. 2013, ASAP.
14. Haythem A. Saadeh, Luyao Lu, Feng He, Joseph E. Bullock, Wei Wang, Bridget Carsten, Luping Yu*, “Polyselenopheno[3,4‐b]selenophene for Highly Efficient Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cells” ACS Macro lett. 2012, 1, 400–403.
15. Mayank Mayukh, In Hwan Jung, Feng He, Luping Yu * “remental optimization in donor polymers for bulk heterojunction organic solar cells exhibiting high performance” J. Polym. Sci. Part B: Polym. Phys., 2012, 50, 1057 –1070.
16. Bridget Carsten, Jodi M. Szarko, Luyao Lu, Hae Jung Son, Feng He, Sylvia J. Lou, Lin X. Chen*, Luping Yu*, “Examining the Effect of the Dipole Moment on Charge Separation in Donor–Acceptor Polymers for Organic Photovoltaic Applications” Macromolecules 2012, 45, 6390–6395.
17. Bridget Carsten, Jodi M. Szarko, Hae Jung Son, Wei Wang, Luyao Lu, Feng He, Brian S. Rolczynski, Sylvia J. Lou, Lin X. Chen*, Luping Yu*, “Examining the Effect of the Dipole Moment on Charge Separation in Donor–Acceptor Polymers for Organic Photovoltaic Applications” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 5, 8248–8257.
18. Hae J. Son, Feng He, Bridget Carsten, Luping Yu*, “Are We There Yet?-Design of Better Conjugated Polymers for Polymer Solar Cells” J. Mater. Chem. 2011, 21, 18934-18945.
19. Wei Chen,* Tao Xu, Feng He, Wei Wang, Cheng Wang, Joseph Strzalka, Yun Liu, Jianguo Wen, Dean J. Miller, Jihua Chen, Kunlun Hong, Luping Yu,*, and Seth B. Darling* "Hierarchical Nanomorphologies Promote Exciton Dissociation in Polymer/Fullerene Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cells" Nano Letters 2011, 11, 3707–3713.
20. Shumin Yang, Dan Lu, Leilei Tian, Feng He, Geng Chen, Fangzhong Shen, Hong Xu, Yuguang Ma*, “Stable water-dispersed organic nanoparticles: preparation, optical properties, and cell imaging application” Nanoscale, 2011 3, 2261-2267.
21. Jodi M. Szarko, Brian S. Rolczynski, Jianchang Guo, Yongye Liang, Feng He, Michael W. Mara, Luping Yu, Lin X. Chen*, “Electronic Processes in Conjugated Diblock Oligomers Mimicking Low Band-Gap Polymers: Experimental and Theoretical Spectral Analysis” J. Phys. Chem. B 2010, 114, 14505-14513.
22. Xu Hong, Yang Shu-Min, Chen Geng, Leilei Tian, Feng He, Guangyi Wang, Yuguang Ma*, “Organic Two-photon Fluorescence Nanoparticles for Cell Stains” Chem. J Chinese U., 2010, 31, 632-634.
23. Hai Xu, Feng He, Bing Yang, Hongyu Zhang, Shiyong Liu, Xing Gu, Dandan Liu, Xiaodong Liu, Jingshen Yu, Yuguang Ma*, “Ground, Excited Structures and Photoelectronic Properties of Poly(p-phenylenevinylene) Oligomers with Biphenyl Bridge” Acta Phys.-Chim. Sin. 2009, 25, 869-875.
24. Liu Suijun, Feng He, Huan Wang, Hai Xu, Chunyu Wang, Feng Li*, Yuguang Ma*, “Cruciform DPVBi: synthesis, morphology, optical and electroluminescent properties” J. Mater. Chem. 2008, 18, 4802–4807.
25. Fangfang Wang, Feng He, Zengqi Xie, Mao Li, Muddasir Hanif, Xing Gu, Bing Yang, Hongyu Zhang, Ping Lu, Yuguang Ma*, “A solution-processible poly(p-phenylene vinylene) without alkyl substitution: Introducing the cis-vinylene segments in polymer chain for improved solubility, blue emission, and high efficiency” J. Polym. Sci. Pol. Chem. 2008, 46, 5242–5250.
26. Fangfang Wang, Feng He, Zengqi Xie, Yupeng Li, Muddasir Hanif, Mao Li, Yuguang Ma*, “Poly(p-phenylene vinylene) derivatives with different contents of cis-olefins and their effect on the optical properties” Macromol. Chem. Phys. 2008, 209, 1381–1388.
27. Yu Duan, Feng He, Ping Chen, Yi Zhao, Shiyong Liu*, Yuguang Ma*, “Small-molecular white organic light-emitting devices employing 2, 5, 2 ', 5 '-tetra (p-trifluoromethylstyryl)-biphenyl as single-emitting component” Opt. Quantum Electron, 2008, 40, 57–63.
28. Leilei Tian, Feng He, Houyu Zhang, Hai Xu, Bing Yang, Chunyu Wang, Ping Lu, Fei Li, Yuguang Ma*, Jiacong Shen, “Thermal cycloaddition facilitated by orthogonal π-π organization through conformational transfer in a swivel-cruciform oligo(phenylenevinylene)”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 3245–3248.
29. Yingfang Zhang, Feng He, Gang Cheng, Chunyan Ruan, Yuanyuan Lin, Yi Zhao, Yuguang Ma*, Shiyong Liu*, “Blue and white organic light-emitting devices using oligo(phenylenvinylene) as a blue emitter” Semicond. Sci. Tech. 2007, 22, 214–217.
30. Yupeng Li, Fangzhong Shen, Huan Wang, Feng He, Zengqi Xie, Houyu Zhang, Zhiming Wang, Linlin Liu, Feng Li*, Muddasir Hanif, Ling Ye, Yuguang Ma*, “Supramolecular Network Conducting the Formation of Uniaxially Oriented Molecular Crystal of Cyano Substituted Oligo(p-phenylene vinylene) and Its Amplified Spontaneous Emission (ASE) Behavior” Chem. Mater. 2008, 20, 7312–7318.
31. Yupeng Li, Hai Xu, Liyong Wu, Feng He, Fangzhong Shen, Linlin Liu, Bing Yang, Yuguang Ma*, “NMR signal assignment of segments in MEH-CN-PPV cis/trans-conformational segments in MEH-CN-PPV” J. Polym. Sci. Pt. B-Polym. Phys. 2008, 46, 1105–1113.
32. Bing Yang, Zengqi Xie, Houyu Zhang, Hai Xu, Muddasir Hanif, Xing Gu, Feng He, Jingsheng Yu, Yuguang Ma*, Jiacong Shen, Xiaodong Liu, Jikang Feng, “Theoretical study of 2,5-diphenyl-1,4-distyrylbenzene (a model compound of PPV): A comparison of the electronic structure and photophysical properties of cis- and trans-isomers” Chem. Phys. Chem. 2008, 345, 23–31.
33. Fangzhong Shen, Feng He, Dan Lu, Zengqi Xie, Weijie Xie, Yuguang Ma*, Bin Hu, “Bright and colour stable white polymer light-emitting diodes” Semicond. Sci. Tech. 2006, 21, L16–L19.
34. Yu Duan*, Yi Zhao, Ping Cheng, Jiang Li, Shiyong Liu, Feng He, Yuguang Ma*, “High-performance blue electroluminescence devices based on distyrylbenzene derivatives” Appl. Phys. Lett. 2006, 88, 263503.
35. Yingfang Zhang, Gang Cheng, Shufeng Chen, Yan Li, Yi Zhao, Shiyong Liu*, Feng He, Leilei Tian, Yuguang Ma*, “Efficient blue organic light-emitting devices based on oligophenylenevinylene” Appl. Phys. Lett. 2006, 88, 263508.
36. Hai Xu, Bing Yang, Feng He, Zengqi Xie, Leilei Tian, Xiaodong Liu, Jingshen Yu, Yuguang Ma*, “Theoretical studies on ground state structure, electronic energy level and absorption spectra of PPV oligomers with biphenyl bridge” Chem. J Chinese U., 2006, 27, 510–514.
37. Yu Duan, Feng He, Gang Chen, Jiang Li, Yuguang Ma, Shiyong Liu*, “Blue electroluminescent devices based on a trimeric phenylenvinylene derivative as emitting layer’’ Thin Solid Films 2005, 492, 275–278.
38. Zengqi Xie, Bing Yang, Gang Cheng, Linlin Liu, Feng He, Fangzhong Shen, Yuguang Ma*, Shiyong Liu, “Supramolecular interactions induced fluorescence in crystal: anomalous emission of 2,5-diphenyl-1,4-distyrylbenzene with all cis double bonds” Chem. Mater. 2005, 17, 1287–1289.
39. Gang Cheng, Feng He, Yi Zhao, Yu Duan, Haiquan Zhang, Bing Yang, Yuguang Ma*, Shiyong Liu, “Highly efficient blue organic light-emitting devices using oligo(phenylenevinylene) dimers as an emitting layer” Semicond. Sci. Tech. 2004, 19, 78–80.
40. Gang Cheng, Yi Zhao, Yingfang Zhang, Shiyong Liu*, Feng He, Haiquan Zhang, Yuguang Ma*, “White organic light-emitting devices using 2,5,2',5'-tetrakis(4'-biphenylenevinyl)- biphenyl as blue light-emitting layer” Appl. Phys. Lett. 2004, 84, 4457–4459.