Prof. Hua has been doing research on GaN-based power device, including device fabrication, material characterization, device physics study, and reliability/stability investigation. She has published 40+ high-quality journal and conference papers on IEEE EDL, IEEE TED, Nano Energy, IEDM, ISPSD, et.. Prof. Hua has joined SUSTech since Sep. 2018 and focuses on next generation wide-bandgap semiconductor device research.
- 2013-2017 PhD, in Electronic and Computer Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- 2009-2013 B.Sc. in Physics, Tsinghua University
- 2018.9-now Assistant Professor in SUSTech
- 2017.9-2018.9 Postdoctoral Fellowship in HKUST
- Wide-bandgap semiconductor device
- GaN power device
- Fabrication and process
- Semiconductor device physics
- 2D device simulation and modeling
- Reliability and stability
Awards & Honors
- Best Young Researcher (Charitat Award), 2017 IEEE ISPSD
- M. Hua,J. Wei, Q. Bao, Z. Zhang, J. He, Z. Zheng, J. Lei, and K. J. Chen, "Reverse-Bias Stability and Reliability of Hole-Barrier-Free E-mode LPCVD-SiNx/GaN MIS-FETs," 2017 Int. Electron Device Meeting (IEDM 2017),San Francisco, CA, USA, Dec. 2-6, 2017.
- M. Hua, Z. Zhang, J. Wei, J. Lei, G. Tang, K. Fu, Y. Cai, B. Zhang, and K. J. Chen, "Integration of LPCVD-SiNxGate Dielectric with Recessed-gate E-mode GaN MIS-FETs: Toward High Performance, High Stability and Long TDDB Lifetime," 2016 Int. Electron Device Meeting (IEDM 2016), San Francisco, CA, USA, Dec. 5-7, 2016.
- M. Hua, Z. Zhang, Q. Qian, J. Wei, Q. Bao, G. Tang, and K. J. Chen, "High-performance Fully-recessed Enhancement-mode GaN MIS-FETs with Crystalline Oxide Interlayer," 2017 Int. Symp. On Power Semiconductor Devices and ICs(ISPSD’17), Charitat Award,Sapporo, Japan, May 28-June 1, 2017.
- M. Hua, J. Wei, Q. Bao, Z. Zhang, Z. Zheng, and K. J. Chen, "Dependence of VTHStability on Gate-Bias under Reverse-Bias Stress in E-mode GaN MIS-FET,"IEEE Elec. Dev. Lett., vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 413–416, Jan. 2018.
- M. Hua, J. Wei, G. Tang, Z. Zhang, X. Cai, N. Wang, and K. J. Chen, "Normally-off LPCVD-SiNx/GaN MIS-FET with Crystalline Oxidation Interlayer,"IEEE Elec. Dev. Lett., vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 929–932, Jul. 2017.
- M. Hua, Y. Lu, S. Liu, C. Liu, K. Fu, Y. Cai, B. Zhang, and K. J. Chen, "Compatibility of AlN/SiNxPassivation With LPCVD-SiNxGate Dielectric in GaN-Based MIS-HEMT," IEEE Elec. Dev. Lett., vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 265-268, 2016.
- M. Hua, C. Liu, S. Yang, S. Liu, K. Fu, Z. Dong, Y. Cai, B. Zhang, and K. J. Chen, "Characterization of Leakage and Reliability of SiNxGate Dielectric by Low-Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition for GaN-based MIS-HEMTs, " IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 62, No. 10, pp. 3215-3222, 2015.
- M. Hua, C. Liu, S. Yang, S. Liu, K. Fu, Z. Dong, Y. Cai, B. Zhang, and K. J. Chen, " GaN-Based Metal-Insulator-Semiconductor High-Electron-Mobility Transistors Using Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition Silicon Nitride (LPCVD-SiNx) as Gate Dielectric," IEEE Elec. Dev. Lett., vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 448-450, 2015.
Prof. Hua’s group recruits research assistant professors, post-doc researchers, research assistants, Ph.D. students, master students, as well as undergraduate interns. Visiting scholars and students are also welcome. Please contact Prof. Hua directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested in any of the above positions.
- Office: Building C, Room 213
- Email: email@example.com