- 2005.09 - 2009.07,Fudan University,B.S.
- 2009.08 - 2014.01,The Chinese University of Hong Kong,Ph. D.
- 2014.02 - 2015.01 The Chinese University of Hong Kong /Postdoctoral Fellow
- 2015.01 - 2017.02 The Chinese University of Hong Kong Research Associate
- 2017.02-2017.12 Southern University of Science and Technology/Assistant Professor
- 2018.01-Present Southern University of Science and Technology /Associate Professor
Honors & Awards
- 2016 Hong Kong Young Scientist Award
- 2014 The Chinese University of Hong Kong Young Scholars Thesis Awards
- Turbulence, Natural Convection
- Density-Stratified Flow, Dynamics of Oceanic Overturning Circulation
- Bio-Fluids, Self-Organized Behavior
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics, Urban Pollutant Dispersion
- Fei Wang, Shi-Di Huang and Ke-Qing Xia, "Contribution of surface thermal forcing to mixing in the ocean", Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans 123, 855-863 (2018). (Cover article)
- Kai-Leong Chong, Yan-Tao Yang, Shi-Di Huang, Jin-Qiang Zhong, Richard J. A. M. Stevens, Roberto Verzicco, Detlef Lohse, and Ke-Qing Xia, "Confined Rayleigh-Bénard, rotating Rayleigh-Bénard, and double diffusive convection: A unifying view on turbulent transport enhancement through coherent structure manipulation", Physical Review Letters, 119, 064501 (2017).
- Fei Wang*, Shi-Di Huang*, Sheng-Qi Zhou and Ke-Qing Xia, "Laboratory simulation of the geothermal heating effects on ocean overturning circulation", Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 121, 7589-7598 (2016). (*: These authors contributed equally to this work.)
- Shi-Di Huang and Ke-Qing Xia, "Effects of geometric confinement in quasi-2-D turbulent Rayleigh-Bénard convection", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 794, 639-654 (2016).
- Kai-Leong Chong, Shi-Di Huang, Matthias Kaczorowski and Ke-Qing Xia, "Condensation of coherent structures in turbulent flows", Physical Review Letters, 115, 264503 (2015).
- Shi-Di Huang, Fei Wang, Heng-Dong Xi and Ke-Qing Xia, "Comparative experimental study of fixed temperature and fixed heat flux boundary conditions in turbulent thermal Convection", Physical Review Letters, 115, 154502 (2015).
- Shi-Di Huang, Matthias Kaczorowski, Rui Ni and Ke-Qing Xia, "Confinement-induced heat-transport enhancement in turbulent thermal convection", Physical Review Letters, 111, 104501 (2013).
We always welcome highly motivated applicants who are interested in turbulence, natural convection, physical oceanography and bio-fluids from diverse backgrounds. Open positions (with competitive salary/studentship) include Research Assistant Professors, Postdoctoral Fellow, PhD students and Research Assistants. Interested applicants please contact us for detail: firstname.lastname@example.org.