Professor of Dept of Biology
1. Plant physiology and molecular biology under environmental stresses
2. Plant cell signal transduction
3. Molecular agriculture
2015~ Member of Food and Nutrition Security Committee of Shenzhen City
2015~ Educational Inspector of Guangdong Province
2013~ Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Plant Biology & Soil Health
2013~ Member of the Teaching Steering Committee of Bioscience, Ministry of Education, China
1. 1997 Ph D. Hongkong Baptist University
2. 1986 M.Sc. Jiangsu Agricultural College
3. 1983 B.Sc. Jiangsu Agricultural College
Honors & Awards
2016 Local leading talent of Shenzhen City
2011 Outstanding Teaching Achievement of Jiangsu Province (Special Prize) for “Construction and practice of the society adaptation-directed talent cultivation systems”
2011 Outstanding Teaching Achievement of Jiangsu Province (First Prize) for “Construction and practice of research practice teaching system for bioscience talent cultivation”
2009 Director of talent training mode innovation experimentation area from Ministry of Education, China for “Talent training mode innovation experimentation area of bioscience and biotechnology”
2008 Member of excellent teaching team of Ministry of Education, China for Plant Biology”
2007 Director of National Center for experimental teaching of biological science and technology
1999 The Scientific and Technological Progress Award (2nd Class) from Ministry of Education, China for “Classification of source-sink types of rice and its application in rice cultivating practice”
1998 Special government allowances expert of the State Council
1997 The Scientific and Technological Progress Award (3rd Class) from Jiangsu Province for “Rice stress physiology and its regulating technique”
1. Dong-Ping Zhang, Jian-Feng Yin, Xue-Jiao Yan, Yong Zhou, Sheng Lin, Wei-Feng Xu, František Baluška4, Yi-Ping Wang, Yi-Ji Xia, Guo-Hua Liang, Jian-Sheng Liang* Rice G-protein subunits qPE9-1 and RGB1 play distinct roles in ABA responses and drought adaptation. Journal of Experimental Botany 2015 doi:10.1093/jxb/evr350
2. Lin Wang, Jie He, Haidong Ding, Hui Liu, Bing Lü, Jiansheng Liang*. Overexpression of AT14A confers tolerance to drought stress-induced oxidative damage in suspension cultured cells of Arabidopsis thaliana. Protoplasma 2014, 16 Dec 1007/s00709-014-0744-7
3. Hong Xie, Yuanyuan Zhou, Jianfeng Hu, Yun Chen, Jiansheng Liang*. Production of astaxanthin by a mutant strain of Phaffia rhodozyma and optimization of culture conditions using response surface methodology. Annals of Microbiology 2014 DOI 10.1007/s13213-013-0790-y
4. Dongping Zhang, Li Chen, Oahong Li, Bing Lu, Yun Chen, Jingui Chen, Xuejiao Yan, Jiansheng Liang*. OsRACK1 is involved in abscisic acid- and H2O2-mediated signaling to regulate seed germination in rice (Oryza sativa, L.) . PLoS One 2014, 9: e97120
5. Weifeng Xu, Liguo Jia, Weiming Shi, František Baluška, Herbert J. Kronzucker, Jiansheng Liang and Jianhua Zhang. Tomato 14-3-3 Protein TFT4 Modulates Proton 1 Efflux, Basipetal Auxin Transport and PKS5-J3 Pathway in Root Growth 6.Response to Alkaline Stress. Plant Physiology 2013, 163(4):1817-28. doi: 10.1104/pp.113.224758.
6. Zhang Dongping, Chen Li，Lu Bing, Liang Jiansheng*. The scaffolding protein RACK1: a platform for diverse functions in the plant kingdom. Journal of Plant Biology and Soil Health 2013;1(1): 7. (Invited review)
7. Weifeng Xu, Guochang Ding, Ken Yokawa, Frantisˇek Balusˇka, Qian-Feng Li, Yinggao Liu, Weiming Shi, Jiansheng Liang & Jianhua Zhang. An improved agar-plate method for studying root growth and response of Arabidopsis thaliana. Scientific Reports 2013, 3 : 1273 | DOI: 10.1038/srep01273
8. Xu W, Jia L, Shi W, Liang J, Zhou F, Li Q, Zhang J. ABA accumulation modulates auxin transport in root tip to enhance proton secretion for maintaining root growth under moderate water stress. New Phytologist 2013 197(1):139-50. doi: 10.1111/nph.12004.
9. Z.W. Wang, J.S. Liang*, Y. Liang*. Decolorization of Reactive Black 5 by a newly isolated bacterium Bacillus sp. YZU1. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation (July 2012), doi:10.1016/j.ibiod.2012.06.023
10. Shuling Zhao; Gaozhan Zhang; Yanling Hou; Min Li; Xuejuan Dai; Jiansheng Liang*; Changyong Liang. Processing and intracellular localization of Rice stripe virus Pc2 protein in insect cells. Virology, 2012, 429(2):148–154
11. Shu-ling Zhao, Xue-juan Dai, Jian-sheng Liang** and Chang-yong Liang**. Surface Display of Rice Stripe Virus NSvc2 and Analysis of Its Membrane Fusion Activity. Virologica Sinica, 2012, 27 (2):100-108.
12. Lü Bing, Wang Juan, Zhang Yu, Wang Hongcheng, Liang Jiansheng, Zhang Jianhua. AT14A mediates the cell wall–plasma membrane–cytoskeleton continuum in Arabidopsis thaliana cells. Journal of Experimental Botany 2012, 63(11):4061-9 (doi:10.1093/jxb/ers063）
13. Xu Weifeng，Shi Wei-Ming，Jia Liguo，Liang Jiansheng，Zhang Jianhua. TFT6 and TFT7, two different members of tomato 14-3-3 gene family, play distinct roles in plant adaption to low phosphorus stress. Plant, Cell & Environment 2012, 35（8）：1393–1406 (on line: DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-3040.2012.02497.x)
14. Ding HD, Zhang HJ, Zhu XH, Liu H, Liang JS*, Lu B. Involvement of calcium and calmodulin signaling in adaptation to heat stress-induced oxidative stress in Solanum lycopersicum L. leaves. African Journal of Biotechnology, 2012, 11: 3259-3269.
15. Su-Qin Zhu, Ming-Wei Chen, Ben-Hua Ji, De-Mao Jiao, Jian-Sheng Liang*. Roles of xanthophylls and exogenous ABA in protection against NaCl-induced photodamage in rice (Oryza sativa L) and cabbage (Brassica compestris) Journal of Experimental Botany 2011，62（13）：4617-4625
16. Yuzhu Lu, Zhen Feng, Liying Bian, Hong Xie and Jiansheng Liang*.OmiR398 regulation in rice of the responses to abiotic and biotic stresses depends on CSD1 and CSD2 expression. Functional Plant Biology 2011, 38：44–53.
17. Wen S, Zhang X, Liu Y, Zhang Q, Liu X, Liang JS*. Selection of a Single Chain Variable Fragment Antibody against Ivermectin from a Phage Displayed Library. Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry 2010, 58：5387–5391.
18. Zhu KM, Tang D, Yan CJ, Chi ZC, Yu HX, Chen JM, Liang JS, Gu MH, Cheng ZK. ERECT PANICLE2 encodes a novel protein that regulates panicle erectness in indica rice. Genetics 2010, 184: 343-350.
19. Tang Tang, Hong Xie, Yuxia Wang, Bing Lü, and Jiansheng Liang* The effect of sucrose and abscisic acid interaction on sucrose synthase and its relationship to grain filling of rice (Oryza sativa L.) Journal of Experimental Botany 2009，60: 2641-2652
Address: Rm 302, 1st Faculty Research Building