2012 Ph.D. Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale University of Science and Technology of China
2007 B.Sc. Special Class for Gifted Young University of Science and Technology of China
2019.05-Present, Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
2017.07-2019.05, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
2016.09-2017.08, Postdoctoral fellow Institute for Quantum Computing and Department of Physics, University of Waterloo, Raymond Laﬂamme and Bei Zeng Group
2012.09-2016.09, Postdoctoral fellow Institute for Quantum Computing and Department of Physics, University of Waterloo, Raymond Laﬂamme Group
2007.09-2012.07, PhD candidate Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale, University of Science and Technology of China, Jiangfeng Du Group
Quantum information processing in nuclear and electron spin magnetic resonance systems.
Development of spin control techniques to achieve high-ﬁdelity coherent control.
Benchmarks in large-scale systems.
Quantum simulation towards large-scale quantum systems.
Experimental realization of adiabatic quantum computing model.
Quantum state tomography and process tomography.
Honors and Awards
2020 Pearl River Recruitment Program of Talents (Youth)
2020 Peng Cheng Professor
2018 National 1000-Talent Youth Plan
2017 Overseas High-Caliber Personnel in Shenzhen (Peacock Plan)
2012 CAS Presidential Scholarship
2014-today Review Editor: Frontiers in Quantum Computing
(*: equal contributions; †: corresponding author)
1. T. Xin*, L. Y. Che*, C. Xi, A. Singh, X. F. Nie, J. Li†, Y. Dong†, and D. W. Lu†, Experimental Quantum Principal Component Analysis via Parametrized Quantum Circuits, Phys. Rev. Lett. 126, 110502 (2021).
2. T. Xin*, Y. S. Li*, Y. A. Fan, X. R. Zhu, Y. J. Zhang, X. F. Nie, J. Li†, Q. H. Liu†, and D. W. Lu†, Quantum Phases of Three-Dimensional Chiral Topological Insulators on a Spin Quantum Simulator, Phys. Rev. Lett. 125, 090502 (2020).
3. X. F. Nie*, B. B. Wei*, X. Chen, Z. Zhang, X. Z. Zhao, C. D. Qiu, Y. Tian, Y. L. Ji, X. Tao†, D. W. Lu†, and J. Li†, Experimental Observation of Equilibrium and Dynamical Quantum Phase Transitions via Out-of-Time-Ordered Correlators, Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 250601 (2020).
4. J. Li†, Z. H. Luo, T. Xin, H. Y. Wang, D. Kribs, D. W. Lu†, B. Zeng†, and R. Laflamme, Experimental Implementation of Efficient Quantum Pseudorandomness on a 12-spin System, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 030502 (2019).
5. K. R. Li, Y. D. Wan, L. Y. Hung, T. Lan, G. L. Long, D. W. Lu† , B. Zeng, and R. Laflamme, Experimental Identification of Non-Abelian Topological Orders on a Quantum Simulator, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 080502 (2017).
6. T. Xin∗ , D. W. Lu∗ , J. Klassen∗ , N. K. Yu† , Z. F. Ji, J. X. Chen, X. Ma, G. L. Long, B. Zeng† , and R. Laflamme, Quantum state tomography via reduced density matrices, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 020401 (2017).
7. G. R. Feng, B. Buonacorsi, J. J. Wallman, F. H. Cho, D. Park, T. Xin, D. W. Lu, J. Baugh, and R. Laflamme, Estimating the coherence of noise in quantum control of a solid-state qubit, Phys. Rev. Lett. 117, 260501 (2016).
8. D. W. Lu, T. Xin, N. K. Yu, Z. F. Ji, J. X. Chen, G. L. Long, J. Baugh, X. H. Peng, B. Zeng, and R. Laflamme, Tomography is necessary for universal entanglement detection with single-copy observables, Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 230501 (2016).
9. D. W. Lu, H. Li, D. Trottier, J. Li, A. Brodutch, A. P. Krismanich, A. Ghavami, G. I. Dmitrienko, G. Long, J. Baugh, and R. Laflamme, Experimental estimation of average fidelity of a Clifford gate on a 7-qubit quantum processor, Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 140505 (2015).
10. Z. K. Li, H. Zhou, C. Y. Ju, H. W. Chen, W. Q. Zheng, D. W. Lu, X. Rong, C. K. Duan, X. H. Peng, and J. F. Du, Experimental realization of a compressed quantum simulation of a 32-spin Ising chain, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 220501 (2014).
11. N. Y. Xu, J. Zhu, D. W. Lu, X. Y. Zhou, X. H. Peng, and J. F. Du, Quantum factorization of 143 on a dipolar-coupling NMR system, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 130501 (2012).
12. D. W. Lu, N. Y. Xu, R. X. Xu, H. W. Chen, J. B. Gong, X. H. Peng, and J. F. Du, Simulation of chemical isomerization reaction dynamics on a NMR quantum simulator, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 020501 (2011).
13. H. W. Chen, D. W. Lu, B. Chong, G. Qin, X. Y. Zhou, X. H. Peng, and J. F. Du, Experimental demonstration of probabilistic quantum cloning, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 180404 (2011).
14. J. F. Du, N. Y. Xu, X. H. Peng, P. F. Wang, S. F. Wu, and D. W. Lu, NMR implementation of a molecular hydrogen quantum simulation with adiabatic state preparation, Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 030502 (2010).