2009.10–2013.3 University of Tokyo, Ph.D
2006.9 –2009.7 China University of Geosciences at Beijing, Master
2002.9 –2006.7 China University of Geosciences at Beijing, Bachelor
2018.11 – South University of Science and Technology, Research Associate Professor
2016.9 –2018.10 Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology & Engineering, CAS, Associate Professor.
2014.4 –2016.8 Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology & Engineering, CAS, Assistant Professor/Post doctor.
2013.4 –2014.3 University of Tokyo, Project Research Fellow
Interdiscipline research filed: Dr. Wu’s research interest includes plasma materials engineering, thin film growth and energy device fabrication. His specialties lie in the controllable growth of thin films and nanomaterials based on plasma and other vacuum technologies. He has participated strongly on the development of a newly categorized mesoplasma chemical vapor deposition technique, and the materials studied includes semiconductor films, optical films, super-hard films and vertically orientation graphene, etc. Applications include optoelectronic devices, energy storage devices and strain sensors, etc.
Honor：Marubun Research Promotion Foundation Exchange Research Grant Award (2011, Japan)
- Q. Yuan, S. Wu, C. Ye, X. Liu, J. Gao, N. Cui, P. Guo, G. Lai, Q. Wei, M. Yang, W. Su, H. Li, N. Jiang, L. Fu, D. Dai*, C.-T. Lin*, K.W.A. Chee*, Sensitivity enhancement of potassium ion (K+) detection based on graphene field-effect transistors with surface plasma pretreatment, Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, 285, 333–340, (2019).
- F. Ren, Z. Lu, H. Zhang, L. Huai, X. Chen, S. Wu*, Z. Peng*, D. Wang, J. Ye, Pseudo-capacitance induced uniform plating/stripping of Li metal anode in Vertical Graphene Nanowalls, Adv. Funct. Mater., 1805638, (2018).
- Z. Lu, Z. Zhang, X. Chen, Q. Chen, F. Ren, M. Wang, S. Wu*, Z. Peng*, D. Wang, J. Ye, Improving Li anode performance by a porous 3D Carbon Paper Host with Plasma assisted Sponge Carbon Coating, Energy Storage Materials, 11, 47–56, (2018).
- Z. Lu, S. Zhang, J. Sheng, P. Gao, Q. Chen, Z. Peng*, S. Wu*, and J. Ye*, Rapid crystallization of amorphous silicon films utilizing Ar-H2 mesoplasma annealing, J. Crystal Growth, 486, 142–147, (2018).
- Z. Zou, W. Liu, D. Wang, Z. Liu, E. Jiang, S. Wu, J. Zhu, W. Guo, J. Sheng* and J. Ye*, Electron-selective quinhydrone passivated back contact for high-efficiency Si/organic heterojunction solar cells, Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells, 185, 218–225, (2018).
- S. Sun, W. Liu, Y. Wang, Y. Huan, Q. Ma, B. Zhu, S. Wu, W. Yu, R. Horng, C. Xia, Q. Sun, S. Ding, and D. W. Zhang, Band alignment of In2O3/β-Ga2O3 interface determined by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, Appl. Phys. Lett., 113, 031603, (2018).
- Z. Liu, Z. Yang, S. Wu, J. Zhu, W. Guo, J. Sheng*, J. Ye*, and Y. Cui*, Photoinduced field-effect passivation from negative carrier accumulation for high efficiency Si/PEDOT:PSS heterojunction solar cells, ACS Nano, 11, 12687−12695, (2017).
- X. Chen, C. Zhang*, T. Kato, X. Yang, S. Wu, R. Wang, M. Nosaka, and J. Luo*, Evolution of tribo-induced interfacial nanostructures governing superlubricity in a-C:H and a-C:H:Si films, Nature Communication, 8, 1675, (2017).
- X. Wang, Z. Yang, P. Gao, X. Yang, S. Zhou, D. Wang, M. Liao, P. Liu, Z. Liu, S. Wu, J. Ye, and T. Yu, Improved optical absorption in visible wavelength range for silicon solar cells via texturing with nanopyramid arrays, Optics Express, 25(9), 10464, (2017).
- J. He, Z.i Yang, P. Liu, S. Wu, P. Gao*, M. Wang, S. Zhou, X. Li,* H. Cao, and J. Ye*, Enhanced Electro-Optical Properties of Nanocone/Nanopillar Dual-Structured Arrays for Ultrathin Silicon/Organic Hybrid Solar Cell Applications, Adv. Energy Mater., 1501793, (2016).
- S. Zhang, Z. Lu, J. Sheng, P. Gao, X. Yang, S. Wu*, J. Ye*, and M. Kambara, In situ annealing and high-rate silicon epitaxy on porous silicon by mesoplasma process, Appl. Phys. Exp., 9, 055506, (2016).
- D. Wang, J. Sheng*, S. Wu, J. Zhu, S. Chen, P. Gao, and J. Ye*, Tuning back contact property via artificial interface dipoles in Si/organic hybrid solar cells, Appl. Phys. Lett., 109, 043901, (2016).
- J. Sheng, D. Wang, S. Wu, X. Yang, L. Ding, J. Zhu, J. Fang, P. Gao, and J. Ye*, Ideal rear contact formed via employing a conjugated polymer for Si/PEDOT:PSS hybrid solar cells, RSC Advances, 6, 16010, (2016).
- Y. Sun, Z. Yang, P. Gao, J. He, X. Yang, J. Sheng, S. Wu, Y. Xiang*, and J. Ye, Si/PEDOT:PSS Hybrid Solar Cells with Advanced Antireflection and Back Surface Field Designs, Nanoscale Res. Lett., 11, 356, (2016).
- X. Yang, J. Sheng, S. Wu, D. Chen, J. Zhou, S. Zhou, J. He, P. Gao,* and J. Ye*, Colloidal transfer printing method for periodically textured thin films in flexible media with greatly enhanced solar energy harvesting, Mater. Res. Express, 2, 106402, (2015).
- S. Wu*, T. Iguchi, M. Kambara, T. Yoshida, Improved production yield in silicon epitaxy by reducing pressure in mesoplasma chemical vapor deposition, Appl. Phys. Exp., 7, 086201, (2014).
- S. Wu*, K. Sawada, T. Ichimaru, T. Yamamoto, M. Kambara, T. Yoshida, High-rate and Wide-area Deposition of Epitaxial Si Films by Mesoplasma Chemical Vapor Deposition, Sci. Tech. Adv. Mater., 15, 035001, (2014).
- S. Wu*, H. Inoue, M. Kambara, and T. Yoshida, Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy Measurement of H(n = 2) Density in Mesoplasma for Fast-Rate Silicon Epitaxy, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 52, 071301, (2013).
- S. Wu*, M. Kambara, T. Yoshdia, Superhigh-Rate Epitaxial Silicon Thick Film Deposition from Trichlorosilane by Mesoplasma Chemical Vapor Deposition, Plasma Chem. Plasma Process, 33, 433-451, (2013).
- X. Chen, Z. Peng*, Z. Fu, S. Wu, W. Yue, C. Wang, Microstructural, mechanical and tribological properties of tungsten-gradually doped diamond-like carbon films with functionally graded interlayers, Surf. Coat. Tech., 205, 3631-3638, (2011).