2013 The University of Hong Kong，PhD
2008 University of Science and Technology of China，Bachelor’s Degree
2017-now Southern University of Science and Technology，Academy for Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies，Research Assistant Professor
2017 Southern University of Science and Technology，Department of Chemistry，Research Assistant
2016-2017 Southern University of Science and Technology，Department of Chemistry，Visiting Scholar
2014-2016 The University of Hong Kong，Department of Chemistry，Postdoctoral Fellow
2012-2014 The University of Hong Kong，Department of Chemistry，Research Assistant
Research on methodology development of organic synthesis and total synthesis and derivatization of natural products and bioactive small molecules. Examine the biological activity of these molecules prepared and study the structure-activity relationship of bioactive candidates and their functioning mechanism with chemical biology tools in order for lead compounds with great potential for new drugs.
- Qiang-Shuai Gu, and Dan Yang*, "Enantioselective Synthesis of (+)-Mitomycin K by a Palladium-Catalyzed Oxidative Tandem Cyclization" Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 5886.
- Liu Ye+, Qiang-Shuai Gu+, Yu Tian, Xiang Meng, Guo-Cong Chen, and Xin-Yuan Liu*, "Radical Asymmetric Intramolecular α-Cyclopropanation of Aldehydes towards Bicyclo[3.1.0]hexanes Containing Vicinal All-Carbon Quaternary Stereocenters" Nat. Commun. 2018, 9, 227. “+” Co-first Author
- Na Wang+, Qiang-Shuai Gu+, Zhong-Liang Li, Zhuang Li, Yu-Long Guo, Zhen Guo, and X. Y. Liu*, "Direct Photocatalytic Synthesis of Medium-Sized Lactams by C–C Bond Cleavage" Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 14225. “+” Co-first Author
- Na Wang, Liu Ye, Zhong-Liang Li, Lei Li, Zhuang Li, Hong-Xia Zhang, Zhen Guo, Qiang-Shuai Gu*, and Xin-Yuan Liu*, "Hydrofunctionalization of Alkenols Triggered by the Addition of Diverse Radicals to Unactivated Alkenes and Subsequent Remote Hydrogen Atom Translocation" Org. Chem. Front. 2018, 5, 2810.
- Yong-Feng Cheng+, Xiao-Yang Dong+, Qiang-Shuai Gu+, Zhang-Long Yu, and Xin-Yuan Liu*, "Achiral Pyridine Ligand-Enabled Enantioselective Radical Oxytrifluoromethylation of Alkenes with Alcohols" Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 8883. “+” Co-first Author