2007 – 2011 The University of Hong Kong, Department of Linguistics, PhD
2005 – 2006 The University of Hong Kong, Department of Linguistics, MA
1999 – 2003 Harbin Normal University, Department of English, BA
2018 – 2019 Carnegie Mellon University, Visiting Scholar
Literacy Pittsburgh, Volunteer English Tutor
2013 – to date Southern University of Science and Technology, Lecturer
2012 – 2013 Institute of Technology Shenzhen Graduate School, Assistant Professor
2011 – 2012 The University of Hong Kong, Department of Linguistics, RA
2007 – 2011 The University of Hong Kong, Department of Linguistics, TA
2003 – 2005 Heilongjiang Province Nongken Vocational College, English Teacher
Honors & Awards
- Excellent Teaching Award, Southern University of Science and Technology, China (2018)
- The University of Hong Kong Research Student Scholarship (2007-2011)
- The University of Hong Kong Oversea Conference Grant (2008)
- Investigator The Development of STEM-based English Curriculum in Higher Education (2017-2019)
- Co-investigator The Construction of a MOOC Model of English Curriculum in Science and Engineering Colleges – A Case Study of SUSTC in the Era of Big Data (2015-2017)
- Co-investigator An Exploration of Teaching Public Speaking in College Using “Flipped Classroom Model” and MOOCs （2015-2017）
- Co-investigator An Exploration of College English Teaching on Sakai in Cloud Model – A Case Study of SUSTC (2015-2017)
- Co-investigator A Contrastive Analysis of Particles in Chinese and English – A LFG Account (2014-2016)
- Co-investigator The Research on Fast Clustering and Information Evolution Analysis for Large-Scale and Dynamic Short-Texts (Natural Science Foundation of China: 61300114. 2014/01-2016/12)
- Proposal Reviewer 2020 TESOL International Convention & English Language Expo in Denver, Colorado, USA.
- Associate Editor Ubiquitous Learning: An International Journal, Volume 5, Issue 2, 2013
- Hu, Yuxiu (To appear)[Chinese]. A Discussion on the Possibility of Error Detection with OT-LFG. Education Circle.
- Hu, Yuxiu (2018). The Development of Engineering English Curriculum in a non-English speaking country. Presented at TESOL Convention 2018 in Chicago.
- Hu, Yuxiu & Xu, Siqun (2016) [Chinese]. A Preliminary Discussion on the Interactivity Research in the Environment of Web-based Instruction. Education Circle. Vol. 30 No. 134: 134-136.
- Hu, Yuxiu (2016). A Longitudinal Study on the Extent of Mandarin Influence on the Acquisition of English. International Journal of Language Studies (IJLS). Vol. 10 No. 4: 59-76.
- Hu, Yuxiu & Adams, Bodomo (2015). Are the Most Interactive Learners on Web-based Learning Systems the Best Output Performers? Journal of Information Technology and Application in Education (JITAE). Vol. 4: 8-17.
- Hu, Yuxiu (2013). Error Detection and Feedback with OT-LFG for Computer-assisted Language Learning. Paper presented at CITE Research Symposium 2013 at The University of Hong Kong. May 10-11, 2013.
- Bodomo, Adams & Yuxiu, Hu (2013). Ubiquitous Conversations. Ubiquitous Learning: An International Journal. 5(1), 1-14
- Bodomo, Adams & Yuxiu, Hu. (2011). Constructing a Conversational Learning Community: A case study of knowledge construction and interactivity enhancement in web-based learning and Teaching. Communications in Information Science and Management Engineering. 1(8), 29-34.
- Hu, Yuxiu and Adams, Bodomo. (2009). Harbinglish: L1 Influence on the Learning of English By High School Students in Harbin, China. Asian EFL Journal. 11(3)
- Hu, Yuxiu & Adams, Bodomo. (2008). Mandarin Influence on the Acquisition of English: Error Analysis and Classification. Paper presented at Annual Research Forum of the Linguistic Society of Hong Kong. Dec. 6th, 2008.
- Hu, Yuxiu & Adams, Bodomo. (2008). An empirical study on the extent of L1influence on the acquisition of L2. Paper presented at The 33rd Annual Conference of the Applied Linguistics Association of Australia 2008 at The University of Sydney. Sydney, July 4-6, 2008.
- Hu, Yuxiu & Adams, Bodomo. (2007). Harbinglish: L1 Influence on the Learning of English Among High School Students in China’s Harbin. Paper presented at The Second Pearl River Delta English Studies Graduate Student Conference at Shenzhen University. June 15-18, 2007.