Chair Professor Jiang Xingyu received his bachelor degree in chemistry from the University of Chicago in 1999 and his Ph.D. degree from the Harvard University Department of Chemistry in 2004. He is a professor of the American Academy of Sciences and Professor George Whitesides. In 2005, he began to work at the National Nanoscience Center and the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. In 2018, he became a professor at the Southern University of Science and Technology. Researcher Jiang Xingyu won the “National Outstanding Youth Science Fund” in 2010, the special government allowance from the State Council in 2014, and the “Innovative Talent Promotion Plan of the Ministry of Science and Technology”; The Chemistry Prize was selected into the "Hundred Talents Program" of the Academy of Sciences. Published more than 300 papers. His research interests include microfluidic chips and nanobiomedicine.
Lab website: http://www.jiangxingyu.com
2004-2005 Postdoctoral Department of Chemistry, Harvard University, USA (Professor George Whitesides, Academician of the US and Chinese Academy of Sciences)
1999-2004 Ph.D. Study Department of Chemistry, Harvard University, USA (Ph.D., Harvard University, 2004; Professor George Whitesides, Academician of the US and Chinese Academy of Sciences)
1997-1999 Undergraduate Study Department of Chemistry, University of Chicago, USA
(Graduate in Science in 1999; Professor Mrksich, thesis supervisor)
2018-present: Southern University of Science and Technology
2005-2018: National Nanoscience Center / University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
(researcher/professor doctoral tutor)
Analytical Chemistry; Microfluidics; Biomedical Engineering; Nanobiology and Medicine
Journal editorial board
2018-present Editorial Board of Advanced Healthcare Materials
2014-present Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Nanoscale (Journal of the Royal Society of Chemistry)
2014-present Editorial Board of Life Science Instruments
2010-2013 Editorial Board of Nanoscale (Journal of the Royal Society of Chemistry)
2009-present Editorial Board of Journal of Biophysics
2018-present Chairman of the In vitro Diagnostic System Engineering Technology Branch of the Beijing Medical Inspection Society
2017-present Director of the Nanobiology Branch of the Chinese Society of Biophysics
2017-present Member of the First Youth Work Committee of the Association of Advanced Materials of China Association for Science and Technology
2017-present Chairman of the China-US Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology Society
2016-present Member of the Youth Committee of the National Association of Health Industry Association Experimental Medicine Expert Committee
2016-present Member of the Working Committee of China Micron Nanotechnology Society
2015-present Director of the first and second councils of the China Biomaterials Society
2014-present Member of the Senior Expert Committee of Clinical Laboratory Equipment Technology of China Medical Equipment Association
2014-present Member of the Young Chemistry Workers Committee of the Chinese Chemical Society
2014-present Director of the First Board of Directors of the Nanomaterials and Devices Branch of the China Society for Materials Research
2012-present Adjunct Professor, Harbin Institute of Technology
2011-present Adjunct Professor, East China University of Science and Technology
2016 Beijing Science and Technology Award Second Prize
2016 Zhu Liyuehua Outstanding Teacher Award
2016 Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry
2016 China Biomaterials Society Young Scientist Award
2015 China Biomedical Engineering Society Wong Ka Kui Biomedical Engineering Award
2015 Asian Chemical Federation Outstanding Young Chemist Award (Analytical Chemistry)
2015 The 1st China Young Analytical Chemist Award
2015 Government Special Allowance
2014 Young and middle-aged talents in science and technology innovation
2014 “National Outstanding Youth Fund” is excellent
In 2013, the “Millions of Planners” of the Central Organization Department
2012 China Academy of Sciences "Hundred Talents Program" final evaluation excellent
2012 “Scopus Looking for Youth Science Star” Material Science Youth Science Star Achievement Award
2011 Second Prize of China Association for Analysis and Testing (CAIA) Science and Technology Award
2011 China Chemical Society Youth Chemistry Award
2011 Southern Weekend Youth Science Leader
2010 National Outstanding Youth Fund
2008 Selected as one of the 100 programs of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
2008 China Chemical Society ~ John Wei Li Publishing Company Youth Chemistry Paper Award
2008 Young Chemistry Paper Award of the 26th Annual Meeting of the Chinese Chemical Society
2007 International Human Frontier Science Program Awards
22. Thermo-triggered release of CRISPR-Cas9 system by lipid-encapsulated gold nanoparticles for tumor therapy, Wang P, Zhang LM, Zheng WF, Cong LM, Guo ZR, Xie YZY, Wang L, Tang RB, Feng Q, Hamada Y, Gonda K, Hu ZJ, Wu XC, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Ed, 57, 1491-1496. (2018).
21. Skiving stacked sheets of paper into test paper for rapid and multiplexed assay, Yang MZ, Zhang W, Yang JC, Hu BF, Cao FJ, Zheng WS, Chen YP, Jiang XY, Science Advances, 3, eaao4862. (2017).
20. Self-adjusting, polymeric multilayered roll that can keep the shapes of the blood vessel scaffolds during biodegradation, Cheng SY, Jin Y, Wang NX, Cao F, Zhang W, Bai W, Zheng WF, Jiang XY, Adv Mater, 29(28), 1700171. (2017).
19. Gold nanoclusters-assisted delivery of NGF siRNA for effective treatment of pancreatic cancer, Lei YF, Tang LX, Xie YZY, Xianyu YL, Zhang LM, Wang P, Hamada Y, Jiang K, Zheng WF, Jiang XY, Nature Communications, 8, 15130. (2017).
18. Surface modification of gold nanoparticles with small molecules for biochemical analysis, Chen YP, Xianyu YL, Jiang XY, Accounts Chem Res, 50(2), 310-319. (2017).
17. Microfluidic synthesis of rigid nanovesicles for hydrophilic reagents delivery, Zhang L, Feng Q, Wang JL, Sun JS, Shi XH, Jiang XY. Angew Chem Int Ed, 54(13), 3952-3956. (2015).
16. Tunable rigidity of (polymeric core)-(lipid shell) nanoparticles for regulated cellular uptake, Sun JS, Zhang L, Wang JD, Feng Q, Liu DB, Yin QF, Xu DY, Wei YJ, Ding BQ, Shi XH, Jiang XY, Adv Mater, 27(8), 1402-1407. (2015).
15. Tuning the composition of AuPt bimetallic nanoparticles for antibacterial application, Zhao Y, Ye C, Liu W, Chen R, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Ed, 53(31), 8127-8131. (2014). (Inside Cover)
14. Identification of bacteria in water by a fluorescent array, Chen WW, Li QZ, Zheng WS, Hu F, Zhang GX, Wang Z, Zhang DQ, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Ed, 53(50), 13734-13739. (2014).
13. Point-of-care biochemical assays using gold nanoparticle-implemented microfluidics, Sun JS, Xianyu YL, Jiang XY, Chem Soc Rev, 43(17), 6239-6253. (2014).
12. Synergy of non-antibiotic drugs and pyrimidinethiol on gold nanoparticles against superbugs, Zhao YY, Chen ZL, Chen YF, Xu J, Li JH, Jiang XY, J Am Chem Soc, 135(35), 12940-12943. (2013).
11. Nanomaterials for ultrasensitive protein detection, Zhang Y, Guo YM, Xianyu YL, Chen WW, Zhao YY, Jiang XY, Adv Mater, 25(28), 3802-3819. (2013).
10. A Strategy for the construction of controlled, three-dimensional, multilayered, tissue-like structures, Gong PY, Zheng WF, Huang Z, Zhang W, Xiao D, Jiang XY, Adv Funct Mater, 23(1), 42-46. (2013).
9. Resettable, multi-readout logic gates based on controllably reversible aggregation of gold nanoparticles, Liu DB, Chen WW, Sun K, Deng K, Zhang W, Wang Z, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Ed, 50(18), 4103-4107. (2011).
8. Copper-mediated amplification allows readout of immunoassays by the naked eye, Qu WS, Liu YY, Liu DB, Wang Z, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Ed, 50(15), 3442-3445. (2011).
7. Small molecule-capped gold nanoparticles as potent antibacterial agents that target gram-negative bacteria, Zhao YY, Tian Y, Cui Y, Liu WW, Ma WS, Jiang XY, J Am Chem Soc, 132(35), 12349-12356. (2010).
6. Patterning mammalian cells for modeling three types of naturally occurring cell-cell interactions, Chen ZL, Li Y, Liu WW, Zhang DZ, Zhao YY, Yuan B, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Ed, 48(44), 8303-8305. (2009).
5. Using azobenzene-embedded self-assembled monolayers to photochemically control cell adhesion reversibly, Liu DB, Xie YY, Shao HW, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Ed, 48(24), 4406-4408. (2009).
4. Visual detection of copper(II) by azide- and alkyne-functionalized gold nanoparticles using click chemistry, Zhou Y, Wang SX, Zhang K, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Ed, 47(39), 7454-7456. (2008).
3. Electrospun nanofibrous membranes: a novel solid substrate for microfluidic immunoassays for HIV, Yang DY, Niu X, Liu YY, Wang Y, Gu X, Song LS, Zhao R, Ma LY, Shao YM, Jiang XY, Adv Mater, 20(24), 4770-4775. (2008).
2. Fabrication of aligned fibirous arrays by magnetic electrospinning, Yang DY, Lu B, Zhao Y, Jiang XY, Adv Mater, 19(21),3702-3706. (2007).
1. A method for patterning multiple types of cells by using electrochemical desorption of self-assembled monolayers within microfluidic channels, Li Y, Yuan B, Ji H, Han D, Chen SQ, Tian F, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Ed, 46(7), 1094-1096. (2007).