Dr. Lin graduated with his Bachelor’s degree from USTC in theoretical physics, later got a PhD degree in condensed matter physics from Peking University. He is a summa cum laude graduate of Peking University and Beijing. He joined SUSTech as an assistant professor in July 2019. Dr. Lin conducted systematic low-temperature/ strong-magnetic-field experiments on low dimensional topological materials (i.e. topological semimetals, topological insulators, graphene). Now he focuses on topological superconductors, 2D ferromagnetic materials, low dimensional topological materials, etc.
topological semimetal, topological physics, topological quantum computation
2014.09-2019.07, Ph.D. in condensed matter physics, Peking University
2007.09-2013.07, B.S. in theoretical physics, University of Science and Technology of China
2019.07-now Assistant professor, SUSTECH
- Electric Control of Fermi Arc Spin Transport in Individual Topological Semimetal Nanowires. Ben-Chuan Lin#, Shuo Wang#, An-Qi Wang, Ying Li, Rong-Rong Li, Ke Xia, Dapeng Yu, and Zhi-Min Liao. Physical Review Letters 124, 116802 (2020). (Editors’ suggestion + featured in Physics)
- Observation of an Odd-Integer Quantum Hall Effect from Topological Surface States in Cd3As2, Ben-Chuan Lin#, Shuo Wang#, Steffen Wiedmann, Jian-Ming Lu, Wen-Zhuang Zheng, Dapeng Yu, Zhi-Min Liao, Physical Review Letters, 122, 036602 (2019).
- Fano Interference between Bulk and Surface States of a Dirac Semimetal Cd3As2 Nanowire, Shuo Wang#,Benchuan Lin#, Wen-Zhuang Zheng, Dapeng Yu, Zhi-Min Liao, Physical Review Letters, 120, 257701 (2018).
- Quantum transport in Dirac and Weyl semimetals: a review, Shuo Wang#, Ben-Chuan Lin#, Da-Peng Yu, Zhi-Min Liao et al, Advances in Physics: X 2, 518 (2017).
- Gate-tuned Aharonov-Bohm interference of surface states in a quasiballistic Dirac semimetal nanowire, Ben-Chuan Lin#, Shuo Wang#, Dapeng Yu, and Zhi-Min Liao et al, Physical Review B 95, 235436 (2017).
- Electronic Coupling between Graphene and Topological Insulator Induced Anomalous Magnetotransport Properties, Liang Zhang, Benchuan Lin, Dapeng Yu, Zhi-Min Liao et al, ACS nano 11, 6277-6285 (2017).