Dr. Yi Li, currently serves as Tenure-track Assistant Professor of School of Microelectronics, SUSTech. He has been working on nanoplasmonics, nano-optics and biochips over his research stay in Zhejiang University (China), imec & KU Leuven (Belgium), Delft University of Technology (TUD, Netherland), Imperial College London (UK) as well as Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU, Germany). He has published more than 30 peer-reviewed journal articles, including first author papers on 1x Nature Communications, 4x Nano Letters, 2x ACS Nano and 1x Advanced Functional Materials. Amongst them, 3 papers are recognized as the Highly Cited Paper by Essential Science Indicators (ESI). He has also given invited talks on SPIE Photonics Europe 2018, MRS Spring 2019, IMCO 2019 as well as ICMAT 2019. He has been selected to attend Lindau Nobel Laurates Meeting for Physics 2019 via Marie Curie Action Plan. He was a junior group leader (sub-group leader) of Prof. Stefan A. Maier (Chair of Hybrid Nanosystem).
2015 Ph.D. imec & Department of Electrical Engineering, KU Leuven, Belgium
2010 M.S. Department of Biomedical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China
2007 B.S. Department of Biomedical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China
2019.11 – present, Tenure-track Assistant Professor, SUSTech
2017.08 – 2018.10, LMU Research Fellow, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
2015.10 – 2017.07, Research Associate, Imperial College London
2015.06 – 2015.10, Postdoc researcher, KU Leuven & imec (World-renowned micro-Nano electronic research and development center)
Nanofabrications and nanoscopies
Honors and Awards
- LMU Research Fellowship (Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND scheme), 2018
- Outstanding Poster Award, 8thInternational Conference on Surface Plasmon Photonics, 2017
- KU Leuven postdoc fellowship, 2015 (PDM/15/168)
- imec Excellent Scientific Award, 2015
- Junior Mobility Program scholarship, KU Leuven, 2013 (JuMo/13/025)
- 4thplace in Small Size League, ROBOCUP, 2007 & 2008 (http://www.robocup.org)
- Bachelor graduate cum laudefrom Zhejiang University & Zhejiang Province, 2007
# for corresponding authors
- Simoncelli, S.*; Li, Y.*; Cortés, E.; Maier, S. A. Nano Lett., 2018, 18 (6), 3400-3406.
- Gu, Y.; Zhang, Y.; Li, Y.#; Jin, X.; Huang, C.#; Maier, S. A.; Ye, J.# RSC Adv., 2018, 8, 14434–14444.
- Chen, C.*; Li, Y.*; Kerman, S.; Neutens, P.; Willems, K.; Cornelissen, S.; Lagae, L.; Stakenborg, T.; Van Dorpe, P. Nature Communications, 2018, 9:1733.
- Matsui, T.*#; Li, Y.*#; Hsu, M.; Merckling, C.; Oulton, R. F.; Cohen, L. F.; Maier, S. A. Funct. Mater., 2018,1705829.
- Simoncelli, S.*; Li, Y.*; Cortés, E.; Maier, S. A. ACS Nano, 2018, 12 (3), 2184–2192.
- Li, Y.*#; Chen, C.*#; Lagae, L.; Groeseneken, G.; Stakenborg, T.; Van Dorpe, P. Opt. Mater., 2017, 5, 1600907.
- Grinblat, G.*#; Li, Y.*#; Nielsen, M. P.; Oulton, R. F.; Maier, S. A. ACS Nano, 2017, 11 (1), 953–960.
- Grinblat, G.*#; Li, Y.*#; Nielsen, M. P.; Oulton, R. F.; Maier, S. A. ACS Photonics, 2017, 4 (9), 2144–2149.
- Li, Y.#; Chen, C.; Willems, K.; Lagae, L.; Groeseneken, G.; Stakenborg, T.; Van Dorpe, P.# Nanoscale, 2016, 8, 12324-12329.
- Grinblat, G.*#; Li, Y.*#; Nielsen, M. P.; Oulton, R. F.; Maier, S. A. Nano Lett., 2016, 16 (1), 4635-4640.
- Li, Y.; Nicoli, F.; Chen, C.; Lagae, L.; Groeseneken, G.; Stakenborg, T.; Zandbergen, H.; Dekker, C.; Van Dorpe, P.; Jonsson, M. P. Nano Lett.,2015, 15 (1), 776-782.
- Li, Y.; Chen, C.; Kerman, S.; Neutens, P.; Lagae, L.; Groeseneken, G.; Stakenborg, T.; Van Dorpe, P. Nano Lett.,2013, 13 (4), 1724-1729.