Yi Lu, PhD., is a Research Associate Professor of the Southern University of Science & Technology. Dr. Lu received her BS and MS in Genetics and Biochemistry from the Nankai University, Tianjin, China, and a PhD in Immunology from the Tianjin Medical University. From 2002 to 2011, she joined research labs as a postdoctoral and research investigator at the University of Michigan School of Medicine and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. In 2011, she was as a key team member returned to China and set up the 1st Center for Translational Medicine in Southwest of China. She was a Professor and Associate Director of the Key Laboratory of Longevity and Aging-related Diseases, Ministry of Education, China/ Center for Translational Medicine, Guangxi Medical University. Dr. Lu is an Active Member of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) and American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR), a Tenure Member of Chinese Society for Immunology. Her research interests have been focused on the study of tumor microenvironment and metastasis. She has been awarded many times. Dr. Lu is the author/co-author of over 70 peer-reviewed publications and a reviewer for Projects in National Science Foundation, China. She had taught several courses, including Immunology, Molecular Biology, Advanced Immunology, etc. In the latest 5 years, Dr. Lu has published 15 papers as the first author or the co-corresponding authors.
Tumor immuno-microenvironment and Tumor metastasis.
Tumor warning markers.
Tumor angiogenesis and tumor immunity.
She has great experience in teaching medical students. The courses include Immunology, Molecular Biology, and Advanced Immunology.
1980-1984 Bachelor, Department of biology, Nankai University, heredity
1987-1990 Master, Institute of molecular biology, Nankai University, biochemistry and molecular biology
2004-2007 Doctor, Tianjin Medical University, immunology
1984—1987 Assistant Researcher, family planning research institute, Tianjin Medical University
1990—2002 Lecturer/Associate professor, school of medical laboratory, Tianjin Medical University
2002—2003 Researcher, the University of Michigan Cancer Institute
2003—2010 Professor of Immunology, Tianjin Medical University
2004—2010 Researcher, department of pathology, school of medicine, University of Pittsburgh
2011—2016 Associate Director/Professor, the key laboratory of longevity and geriatric diseases, ministry of education, China, & the center for translational medicine, Guangxi Medical University
2015— Specially invited experts of nanning, Guangxi
2017— Research Associate Professor, school of medicine, Southern University of Science and Technology
HONORS AND AWARDS
2009- Scholar-in-Training Award, AACR
2007- Young Investigator Travel Award, ASBMR
2005- Scholar-in-Training Award, AACR
2003- Second class of Tianjia Technology Progress Award, China
2003- Third class of Tianjin Technology Progress Award, China
2000- Third class of Tianjin Technology Progress Award, China
1997- Third class of Tianjin Technology Progress Award, China
1994- Third class of Xianyi Zhu Medical Award, China
- Yun C, Chang M, Hou G, Lan T, Yuan H, Su Z, Zhu D, Liang W, Li Q, Zhu H, Zhang J, Lu Y*, Deng J*, Guo H*. Mangiferin suppresses allergic asthma symptoms by decreased Th9 and Th17 responses and increased Treg response. Molecular Immunology. 2019, 114:233-242.
- Guo H, Wang F, Diao Y, Zhang Z, Chen Q, Qian CN, Keller ET, Zhang J*, Lu Y*. Knockdown of Notch1 inhibits nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell growth and metastasis via downregulation of CCL2, CXCL16, and uPA. Molecular Carcinogenesis. 2019, 58:1886-1896.
- Liang W, Wang F, Chen Q, Dai J, Escara-Wilke J, Keller ET, Zimmermann J, Hong N, Lu Y*, Zhang J*. Targeting cathepsin K diminishes prostate cancer establishment and growth in murine bone. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2019 Jun 6. 145:1999-2012. Doi: 10.1007/s00432-019-02950-y.
- Wang W, Yang X, Dai J, Lu Y, Zhang J, and Keller E*. Prostate cancer promotes a vicious cycle of bone metastasis progression through inducing osteocytes to secrete GDF15 that stimulates prostate cancer growth and invasion. Oncogene, 2019, Feb 12. 38（23）：4540-45559. doi: 10.1038/s41388-019-0736-3
- Su W, Wang L, Niu F, Zou L, Guo C, Wang Z, Yang X, Wu J, Lu Y, Zhang J, Beer DG, Yang Z, Chen G. LINC00857 knockdown inhibits cell proliferation and induces apoptosis via involving STAT3 and MET oncogenic proteins in esophageal adenocarcinoma. Aging-US. 2019 May 13;11(9):2812-2821. doi: 10.18632/aging.101953.
- Junlin Shi, Lihui Wang, Chunlin Zou, Yudui Xia, Siyuan Qin, Evan Keller, Atsushi Mizokami, Jian Zhang*, Yi Lu*. Tumor microenvironment promotes prostate cancer cell dissemination via the Akt/mTOR pathway. Oncotarget, 2018, 9(10):9206-18.
- Xia Y, Liu X, Zou C, Feng S, Guo H, Yang Y, Lei Y, Zhang J*, and Lu Y*. Garcinone C exerts antitumor activity by modulating the expression of ATR/Stat3/4E‑BP1 in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Oncology Reports, 2018, 39:1485-93.
- Jie Meng, Li-Hui Wang, Chun-Lin Zou, Sheng-Ming Dai, Jian Zhang*, Yi Lu*. C10orf116 Gene Copy Number Loss in Prostate Cancer: Clinicopathological Correlations and Prognostic Significance. Med Sci Monit 2017; 23:5176-5183. DOI: 10.12659/MSM.906680.
- Pascal LE, Masoodi KZ, Liu J1, Qiu X, Song Q, Wang Y, Zang Y, Yang T, Wang Y, Rigatti LH, Chandran U, Colli LM, Vencio RZN, Lu Y, Zhang J, Wang Z. Conditional deletion of ELL2 induces murine prostate intraepithelial neoplasia. J Endocrinol. 2017 Nov;235(2):123-136. doi: 10.1530/JOE-17-0112.
- Chunlin Zou, Yi Lu, Xiahong Teng, Shuyan Wang, Xiaoting Sun, Fen Huang, Guannan Shu, Xin Huang, Hongwei Guo, Zhiguo Chen, Jian Zhang, Yu Alex Zhang. MRI tracking of autologous pancreatic progenitor-derived insulin-producing cells in monkeys. Rep. 2017, 7(1):2505.
- Wenchu Wang, Lihui Wang, Atsushi Mizokami, Junlin Shi, Chunlin Zou, Jinlu Dai, Evan T. Keller, Yi Lu* and Jian Zhang*. Down-regulation of E-cadherin enhances prostate cancer chemoresistance via Notch signaling. Chinese Journal of Cancer, 2017; 36:35
- Yong Lei, Yanhua Yi, Yang Liu, Xia Liu, Evan T. Keller, Chao-Nan Qian, Jian ZhangZ* and Lu Y*. Metformin targets multiple signaling pathways in cancer. Chinese Journal of Cancer, 2017, 36 (1):17.
- Qiuyan Chen, Siyuan Qin, Yang Liu, Minghuang Hong, Chao-Nan Qian, Evan T Keller, Zhang J, Lu Y*. IGFBP-6 is a novel nasopharyngeal carcinoma prognostic biomarker. Oncotarget, 2016， Oct 18;7(42):68140-68150.
- Jing Li, Xin Yang, Hao Guan, Atsushi Mizokami, Evan T. Keller, Xiaozhen Xu, Xia Liu, Jiyong Tan, Longyuan Hu, Lu Y*, Jian Zhang. Exosome-derived microRNAs contribute to prostate cancer chemoresistance. International Journal of Oncology, 2016，49:838-846.
- Guihui Qin, Min Luo, Junze Chen, Yiwu Dang, Gang Chen, Li Li, Jing Zeng, Lu Y, Jie Yang. Reciprocal activation between MMP-8 and TGF-β1 stimulates EMT and malignant progression of hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Letters, 2016 Apr 28;374(1):85-95. doi: 10.1016/j.canlet.2016.02.001.
- Yu Zhu, Chunlin Zou, Zhe Zhang, Chaonan Qian, Xin Yang, Junlin Shi, Yudui Xia, Zhang J, Lu Y*. MEK inhibitor diminishes nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) cell growth and NPC-induced osteoclastogenesis via modulating CCL2 and CXCL16 expression. Tumor Biology, 2015, 36(11):8811-8. doi: 10.1007/s13277-015-3595-8.
- Sha He, Lu Y, Xia Liu, Xin Huang, Evan Keller, Chao-Nan Qian, Zhang Wnt3a: function and implication in cancer. Chinese Journal of Cancer, 2015, 34(3):50. DOI: 10.1186/s40880-015-0052-4
- Hongwei Guo, Xiaolin Zhou, Lu Y, Liye Xie, Qian Chen, Evan T. Keller, Qian Liu, Qinghua Zhou , and Zhang Translational progress on tumor biomarkers. Thoracic Cancer. 27 JUL 2015, DOI: 10.1111/1759-7714.12294
- Huajiao Guo, Lu Y, Jianhua Wang, Xia Liu, Evan T. Keller, Qian Liu, Qinghua Zhou, Jian Zhang, Targeting Notch Signaling Pathway in Cancer Therapeutics. Thoracic Cancer, 2014, 5. 473-86 .
- Lu Y, Gu X, Chen L, Yao Z, Song J, Niu X, Xiang R, Cheng T, Qin Z, Deng W, Li LY. Interferon-γ produced by tumor-infiltrating NK cells and CD4+ T cells downregulates TNFSF15 expression in vascular endothelial cells. Angiogenesis. 2014 Jul;17(3):529-40.
- Lu Y, Zhang Z, Yan Z, Chen L, Deng W, Lotze M, Wang Z, Lin X, Li LY. Restoration of p53 Functions in Breast Cancer Cells in vivo with Recombinant GnRH-p53 Fusion Protein Enhances 5-Fluorouracil Anticancer Efficacy. Apoptosis， Oct;18(10):1214-23，
- Zhang J, Lu Y, and Pienta KJ. Multiple roles of CC chemokine ligand 2 (CCL2) in promoting prostate cancer growth. J National Cancer Institute 102(8):522-8, 2010.
- Lu Y*, Chen Q, Corey E, Xie W, Fan J, Mizokami A, and Zhang J. Activation of MCP-1/CCR2 axis promotes prostate cancer growth in bone. Clin Exp Metastasis 26(2):161-9, 2009.
- Lu Y, Nie DB, Witt WT, Chen Q, Shen M, Xie H, Lai L, Dai Y, Zhang J. Expression of fat-1 gene diminishes prostate cancer growth in vivo through enhancing apoptosis and inhibiting GSK-3β phosphorylation. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 7(10):3203-11,
- Lu Y, Cai Z, Xiao G, Keller ET, Mizokami A, Yao Z, Roodman GD, Zhang J. Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 mediates prostate cancer-induced bone resorption. Cancer Res 67:3646-53, 2007.
- Lu Y, Xiao G, Galson DL, Nishio Y, Mizokami A, Yao Z, and Zhang J. PTHrP-induced MCP-1 production by human bone marrow endothelial cells promotes osteosteoclastast differentiation and prostate cancer cell proliferation and invasion in vitro. Int J of Cancer 121:724-733, 2007.
- Lu Y, Cai Z, Galson DL, Xiao G, Liu YL, George D, Melhem MF, Yao Z and Zhang J. Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) acts as a paracrine and autocrine factor for PCa growth and invasion. Prostate 66:1311-8, 2006.
1.Guo H, Lu Y, and Zhang J. Recent Progress in Translational Medicine Research on Tumor Markers. 《中国医学科技发展报告》, Science Press, 2014