2011-2015 Central South University, Medicinal Chemistry, PhD
2008-2011 Central South University, Medicinal Chemistry, MS
2004-2008 Jiangxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Pharmacy, BS
2018-present Southern University of Science and Technology, Research Assistant Professor
2015-2017 Southern University of Science and Technology, Postdoc.
The major research focus of Dr. Ning is the design and synthesis of novel small molecules as anticancer and/or antiinflammatory agents through using structural analyses (such as molecular modeling), SAR studies, and biochemical assays. Identification of novel inflammatory inhibitors for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease, especially for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
- Shengling Xie, Pan Ren, Jieping Hou, Chengqing Ning*, Jing Xu*. Stereoselective Synthesis of the ABC Ring System of Aspterpenacids. Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2018, 83, 14152-14157.
- Chengqing Ning, Liumei Mo, Xuwei Chen, Wentong Tu, Jun Wu*, Shengtao Hou*, Jing Xu*. Triptolide derivatives as potential multifunctional anti-Alzheimer agents: Synthesis and structure–activity relationship studies, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2018, 28(4): 689-693.
- Wentong Tu, Chengqing Ning*, Jing Xu*. Enantioselective synthesis of (-)-phaseic acid, Organic Chemistry Frontiers, 2018, 5(1): 29-31.
- Chengqing Ning, Cheng Lu, Liang Hu, Yanjing Bi, Lei Yao, Yujun He, Lifei Liu, Xiaoyu Liu*, Niefang Yu*. Macrocyclic compounds as anti-cancer agents: design and synthesis of multi-acting inhibitors against HDAC, FLT3 and JAK2. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2015, 95, 104-115.
- Chengqing Ning，Wenyuan Huang, Wen Wu, Cheng Lu, Yujun He, Lei Yao, Lifei Liu, Xiaohe Zhen, Xiaoyu Liu*, Niefang Yu*. Discovery of novel potent HDAC inhibitors by structure-based optimization of cinnamic hydroxamic scaffold. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery. 2015, 12, 344-350.
- Chengqing Ning, Yanjing Bi, Yujun He, Wenyuan Huang, Lifei Liu, Yi Li, Sihan Zhang, Xiaoyu Liu, Niefang Yu*. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of di-substituted cinnamic hydroxamic acids bearing urea/thiourea unit as potent histone deacetylase inhibitors. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2013, 23, 6432–6435.