Dr. Wei SHU received his bachelor degrees at Nankai University in chemistry and economics in 2005. He continued his graduate studies at Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (SIOC, CAS), and obtained his Ph. D. degree in 2010 under the guidance of Profs. Shengming Ma and Guochen Jia. After several postdoctoral stints at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Princeton University, and University of Zurich, he started his independent research in the department of chemistry at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) in 2018 as an associate professor. His research interests span over methodology development, asymmetric synthesis, medicinal chemistry, and material science.
1. Wei Shu, Andrés García-Domínguez, M. Teresa Quirós, Rahul Mondal, Diego J. Cárdenas, and Cristina Nevado*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 13812-13821.
2. Wei Shu, Estíbaliz Merino, and Cristina Nevado*, ACS Catal. 2018, 8, 6401-6406.
3. Wei Shu, Alexandre Genoux, Zhaodong Li, and Cristina Nevado*, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 10524-10527. (Highlighted in Science 2017, 357, 657-658. Highlighted in Acta Chim. Sinica 2017, 75, 1137-1149. Highlighted in Org. Process Res. Dev. 2018, 22, 421-429).
4. Wei Shu, Adriana Lorente, Enrique Gómez-Bengoa, and Cristina Nevado*, Nature Commun. 2017, 8, 13832, doi: 10.1038/ncomms13832. (Highly cited paper; Highlighted by Synform 2017/04, A67-A70).
5. Wei Shu and Cristina Nevado*, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 1881. (Highly cited paper; Highlighted in Chimia 2017, 71, 241).
6. Wei Shu and Stephen L. Buchwald*, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 5355-5358. (Highlighted in Synfacts 2012, 8, 891; Highlighted in Org. Process Res. Dev. 2012, 16, 1320-1328).
7. Wei Shu, Laurent Pellegatti, Matthias A. Oberli, and Stephen L. Buchwald*, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 10665-10669. (Highlighted in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 9223-9225; Highlighted in Org. Process Res. Dev. 2012, 16, 174-183).
8. Wei Shu and Stephen L. Buchwald*, Chem. Sci. 2011, 2, 2321-2325.
9. Wei Shu, Guochen Jia, and Shengming Ma*, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48, 2788-2791.