Peiyuan Yu received his B.Sc. from Nanyang Technological University in 2012. He completed his Ph.D. at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in 2017 under the guidance of Professor Kendall N. Houk. His graduate research focused on the computational studies on the reactivity, selectivity and molecular dynamics of cycloaddition reactions. From 2017 to 2019, he was a postdoctoral fellow at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, where he performed theoretical, computational and experimental research in the field of thermochemical energy storage. He joined the faculty at the Department of Chemistry, Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) in September 2019.
1. Asymmetric Phosphoric Acid–Catalyzed Four-Component Ugi Reaction.
Zhang, J.†; Yu, P.†; Li, S.-Y.; Sun, H.; Xiang, S.-H.; Wang, J.; Houk, K. N.*; Tan, B.*
Science 2018, 361, eaas8707.
2. Organocatalytic [6+4] Cycloadditions via Zwitterionic Intermediates: Chemo-, Regio-, and Stereoselectivities.
Yu, P.†; He, C. Q†; Simon, A.; Li, W.; Mose, R.; Thøgersen, M. K.; Jørgensen, K. A.; Houk, K. N.*
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 13726.
3. Mechanisms and Origins of Periselectivity of the Ambimodal [6+4] Cycloadditions of Tropone to Dimethylfulvene.
Yu, P.; Chen, T. Q.; Yang, Z.; He, C. Q.; Patel, A.; Lam, Y.-h.; Liu, C.-Y.; Houk, K. N.*
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 8251.
4. Distortion-Controlled Reactivity and Molecular Dynamics of Dehydro-Diels–Alder Reactions.
Yu, P.†; Yang, Z.†; Liang, Y.; Hong, X.; Li, Y.; Houk, K. N.*
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 8247.
5. Transannular [6+4] and Ambimodal Cycloaddition in the Biosynthesis of Heronamide A.
Yu, P.; Patel, A.; Houk, K. N.*
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 13518.