Dr. Ge Qi is a tenured Associate Professor at Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering. Dr. Ge received his Bacholar Degree on Engneering Mechancis from Tongji University in 2006, Master Degree on Solid Mechanics from Zhejiang University in 2008, and Ph.D. on Mechanical Engineering from University of Colorado at Boulder, USA in 2012. Dr. Ge was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Massachusetts Institute of Technology from 2013 to 2014, and Assistant Professor at Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) from 2016 to 2019. During the time at SUTD, Dr. Ge led and participated in more than 10 research projects, and was directly awarded more 3.5 million Singapore dollar (about 18 million RMB) research funds. Dr. Ge’s research interests mainly include 4D printing, functional 3D printing, mechanics of soft materials, Intelligent Materials, soft robotics and Structures, flexible electronics and many others. Dr. Ge has published more than 50 research articles in journals such as Science, Nature Communications, Advanced Materials, Advanced Energy Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, PRL, JMPS. His Google Scholar Citation is over 4000 and H-index is 24. Dr. Ge is also the member of review board of a few journals such as Polymers and Actuators, and he has been serving a long time reviewer for prestigious journal such as Nature, Nature Communication, Science Advances, Nano Letter, JMPS.
◆2009.08-2012.12 University of Colorado at Boulder Mechanical Engineering Ph.D.
◆2006.09-2008.06 Zhejiang University Solid Mechanics M.Sc.
◆2002.09-2006.06 Tongji University Engineering Mechanics B.Sc.
◆2019.06-now Southern University of Science and Technology Associate Professor
◆2016.04-2019.06 Singapore University of Technology and Design Assistant Professor
◆2014.09-2016.03 Singapore University of Technology and Design Postdoctor
◆2013.09-2014.08 Massachusetts Institute of Technology Postdoctor
◆2013.02-2013.08 University of Colorado at Boulder Postdoctor
◆2020 Microsystems and Nanoengineering MINE2020 Outsanding Speaker Award
◆2019 Guangdong Pearl River Talents Program Introduces High-Level Talents
◆2019 Overseas High-Caliber Personnel in ShenZhen (Level B)
◆2018 International Association of Advanced Materials (IAAM) Young Scientist Medal
◆2013 Outstanding Ph. D. Dissertation Award
◆2012 Haythornthwaite Foundation Travel Award of ASME Applied Mechanics Division
◆2011 Haythornthwaite Foundation Travel Award of ASME Applied Mechanics Division
1. Traugutt N.A., Mistry D., Luo C., Yu K., Ge Q.*, Christopher M. Yakacki*, “Liquid-Crystal-Elastomer-Based Dissipative Structures by Digital Light Processing 3D Printing”, Advanced Materials, 2020, 32(28), 2000797.
2. Zhang Y.F.+, Ng C.J.+, Chen Z., Zhang W., Panjwani S., Kowsari K., Yang H.Y., Ge Q.*, “Miniature Pneumatic Actuators for Soft Robots by High‐Resolution Multimaterial 3D Printing”, Advanced Materials Technologies, 2019, 4(10), 1900427.
3. Luo C.+, Zhang B.+, Zhang W., Yuan C., Dunn M.L., Ge Q.*, Yu K.*, “Chemomechanics of dual-stage reprocessable thermosets”, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 2019, 126, 168-186.
4. Zhang B.+, Wang Zhang W.+, Zhang Z., Zhang Y., Hingorani H., Liu Z., Liu J., Ge Q.*, “Self-healing Four-Dimensional Printing with Ultraviolet Curable Double Network Shape Memory Polymer System”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2019, 11(10), 10328−10336.
5. Zhang Y.F.+, Zhang N.+, Hingorani H., Ding N., Wang D., Yuan C., Zhang B., Gu G.*, Ge Q.*, “Fast-Response, Stiffness-Tunable Soft Actuator by Hybrid Multimaterial 3D Printing”, Advanced Functional Materials, 2019, 29(15), 1806698.
6. Zhang B., Kowsari K., Serjouei A., Dunn M.L.*, Ge Q.*, “Reprocessable Thermosets for Sustainable Three-dimensional Printing”, Nature Communications, 2018, 9, 1831.
7. Zhang B.+, Li S.+, Hingorani H.+, Serjouei A., Larush L., Pawar A.A., Goh W.H., Sakhaei A.H., Hashimoto M., Kowsari K., Magdassi S.*, and Ge Q.*, “Highly Stretchable Hydrogels for UV Curing Based High-Resolution Multimaterial 3D Printing”, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2018, 6, 3246-3253.
8. Patel D.K., Sakhaei A. H., Layani M., Zhang B., Ge Q.*, and Magdassi S.*, “Highly Stretchable and UV Curable Elastomers for Digital Light Processing Based 3D Printing”, Advanced Materials, 2017, 29(15), 1606000.
9. Ge Q.*, Sakhaei A., Lee H., Dunn C.K., Fang N.X.*, Dunn M.L.*, “Multimaterial 4D Printing with Tailorable Shape Memory Polymers”, Scientific Reports, 2016, 6, 31110.
10. Zheng X., Lee H., Weisgraber T.H., Shusteff M., Deotte J.R., Duoss E., Kuntz J.D, Biener M.M., Kucheyev S.O., Ge Q., Jackson J., Fang N.X.*, Spadaccini C.M.*, “Ultra-light, Ultra-stiff Mechanical Metamaterials”, Science, 2014, 344(6190), 1373-1377.
11. Ge Q.*, Dunn C.K., Qi H.J.*, and Dunn M.L.*, “Active Origami by 4D Printing”, Smart Materials and Structures, 2014, 23, 094007-15.
12. Yu K., Ge Q., and Qi H.J., “Reduced Time as a Unified Parameter Determining Fixity and Free Recovery of Shape Memory Polymers”, Nature Communication, 2014, 5, 3066.
13. Ge Q., Qi H.J.*, and Dunn M.L.*, “Active Materials by Four-Dimension Printing”, Applied Physics Letters, 2013, 103, 131901.
14. Ge Q., Luo X., Rodriguez E.D., Zhang X., Mather P.T., Dunn M.L*., Qi H.J.*, “Thermo-mechanical Behaviors of Shape Memory Elastomer Composites”, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 2012, 60(1), 67-83.
15. Yuan C.+, Kowsari K.+, Panjwani S., Chen Z., Wang D., Zhang B., Colin Ju-Xiang Ng C.J., Alvarado P.V.,and Ge Q.*, “Ultrafast Three-Dimensional Printing of Optically Smooth Microlens Arrays by Oscillation-Assisted Digital Light Processing”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2019, 11(43), 40662-40668.
16. Kowsari K., Akbari S., Wang D., Fang N.X., Ge Q.*, “High-Efficiency, High-Resolution Multimaterial Fabrication for Digital Light Processing Based Three-Dimensional Printing”, 3D Printing + Additive Manufacturing, 2018, 5(3), 185-193.
17. Ge Q.*, Serjouei A., Qi H.J.*, and Dunn M.L.*, “Thermomechanics of Printed Anisotropic Shape Memory Elastomeric Composites”, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 2016, 102–103, 186–199.
18. Wang Q.*, Jackson J.A., Ge Q., Hopkins J.B., Spadaccini C.M., and Fang N.X.*, “Lightweight Mechanical Metamaterials with Tunable Negative Thermal Expansion”, Physical Review Letters, 2016, 117, 175901.
19. Yuan C.+, Wang F. +, B. Qi, Zhen D.*, Rosen D.W. *, and Ge Q.*, “3D printing of multi-material composites with tunable shape memory behavior”, Materials & Design, 2020, 193, 108757.
20. Wang D., Xiong Y., Zhang B., Zhang Y.F., Rosen D. and Ge Q.*,“Design framework for mechanically tunable soft，biomaterial composites enhanced by modified horseshoe lattice structures”, Soft Matter, 2020,16, 1473-1484.