Dr Yong Fu obtained his PhD degree in the National University of Singapore in 2018, and worked as a research fellow during 2018 and 2020 before he joined the Department of Ocean Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China, as an Assistant Professor. His research interest and expertise include offshore geotechnical engineering (i.e. torpedo anchors, spudcans and pipelines), underground space technology (i.e. development of horizontal DCM equipment), physical experiments (i.e. laboratory, centrifuge and field experiments), large deformation finite element modelling (i.e. CEL and RITSS methods). In recent years, Dr Fu has published more than ten high-quality international journal papers in world-renowned geotechnical journals such as Geotechnique, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Computers and Geotechnics, Geotechnical Testing Journal. In addition, he also served as the reviewer of several international journals.
2013 – 2018, National University of Singapore, Doctor of Philosophy (Geotechnical Engineering)
2010 – 2013, Tongji University, Master of Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering)
2006 – 2010, Shanghai University, Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering)
2020.05 – present, Southern University of Science and Technology, Department of Ocean Science and Engineering, Assistant Professor
2018.02 – 2020.05, National University of Singapore, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Research Fellow
2017.07 – 2018.01, National University of Singapore, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Research Engineer
AWARDS & HONORS
2013 – 2017，NUS Research Scholarship，Second Prize of the Mystery Challenge in CEE DAY 2015 of NUS
2010 – 2013，First-class Academic Scholarship of Tongji University
2006 – 2010，Excellent Dissertation of Shanghai University，Principal Scholarship of Shanghai University，Guanghua Scholarship of Shanghai University， First-class Scholarship of Shanghai University，Winner of the 2nd and 3rd Structure Design Contest of Shanghai University，Outstanding Student of Military Training of Shanghai University，Excellent Volunteer of Shanghai “Intelligence Assistance for Disabilities”
Land & Liveability National Innovation Challenge (L2NIC) project of Singapore “Technology for Cement-Treatment of Ground in Areas Obstructed by Obstacles”. Total project value: S$2,850,000/=, 2017 – 2020, participator
Centre for Offshore Research & Engineering (CORE) project “Deepwater Dynamically Installed Anchors” supported by Singapore Maritime Institute. Total project value: S$660,290/=, 2013 – 2017, participator
“Large-Scale Three-Dimensional Random Finite Element Analysis on Ground Improvement” funded by Key R&D Plan Science and Technology Cooperation Programme of Hainan Province, China. Total project value: RMB350,000/=, 2016 – 2017, participator
Shanghai Technology Innovation Project for University Students “Study on Properties on Vertical Unloaded Soil and Its Rebound under Excavation”. Total project value: RMB20,000/=, 2008 – 2010, principal investigator
- Liu, J., Liang, X., Xue, Y., Fu, Y., Yao, K. & Dou, F. (2020). Investigation on crack initiation and propagation in hydraulic fracturing of bedded shale by hybrid phase-field modeling. Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 102651.
- Mao, J., Guo, J., Fu, Y., Zhang, W. & Ding, Y. (2020). Effects of rapid water-level fluctuations on the stability of an unsaturated reservoir bank slope. Advances in Civil Engineering, 2360947.
- Yi, J., Fu, Y., Liu, C., Zhang, Y., Li, Y. & Zhang, X. (2020). Pull-out capacity of an inclined embedded torpedo anchor subjected to combined vertical and horizontal loading. Computers and Geotechnics, 121, 103478.
- Wang, W., Fu, Y., Zhang, C. & Li, N. (2020). Mathematical models for stress-strain behaviour of nano magnesia-cement-reinforced seashore soft soil. Mathematics, 8(3), 456.
- Fu, Y., Li, Y., Liu, Y., Lee, F. H., Zhang, X. & Gu, H. (2019). An effective stress theoretical model for shear resistance and adhesion factor of dynamically installed anchors. Géotechnique, 69(11), 1004-1018.
- Fu, Y., Yi, J., Li, Y. & Li, B. (2019). A semi-theoretical method for holding capacity of dynamically installed anchors under inclined loading. Computers and Geotechnics, 115, 103171.
- Fu, Y., Liu, Y. & Yu, J. (2019). Effects of reconsolidation time on the holding capacity of deepwater dynamically installed anchors. Canadian Geotechnical Journal. 56 (12): 1876-1888.
- Pan, Y. & Fu, Y. (2019). Effect of random geometric imperfections on the water-tightness of diaphragm wall. Journal of Hydrology, 580, 124252.
- Jia, L., Guo, J., Zhou, Z., Fu, Y. & Yao, K. (2019). Experimental investigation on strength development of lime stabilized loess. RSC Advances, 9, 19680-19689.
- Jia, L., Guo, J., Jiang, Y., Fu, Y., Zhou, Z., Lim, S. M. & Zhao, X. (2019). Experimental investigation on shear strength parameters of lime stabilized loess. Sustainability, 11(19), 5397.